Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Establishing Compliance Using Two Machines
Establishing Compliance Using Two Machines
Like many people I have one machine I use at home and another I use when traveling. The home machine sends compliance data directly to my care providers which they use to establish compliance for insurance purposes. But when I travel and use the other machine, they don't get the data transmitted.

The last time this happened I had to bring both machines into the DME so they could write and send to my doctor a compliance report.

Is there some other solution?

Both my machines are ResMed AirCurve 10 VAUTO with 4G modems, but only the home machine is registered with ResMed and with my care providers. Is there a way to register the other machine? Or is there a different way to go about it?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Establishing Compliance Using Two Machines
I have two machines on the same OSCAR profile and send my doctor a screenshot of the usage section from the overview page. We use the MyChart app so I can include attachments. He has been accepting that for years, but I expect every insurance and doctor may vary in what they want to see.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2024, 02:56 PM)PeaceLoveAndPizza Wrote: I have two machines on the same OSCAR profile and send my doctor a screenshot of the usage section from the overview page. We use the MyChart app so I can include attachments. He has been accepting that for years, but I expect every insurance and doctor may vary in what they want to see.

I too have both machines on my OSCAR profile and can send screenshots via MyChart to my doctors. I doubt they would accept OSCAR reports as they are unofficial, but it won't hurt to ask.

I was hoping I could register both machines with ResMed, but I have no idea how to do that.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I took in my laptop and showed them the amount of data OSCAR pulls out of the machine. He was happy to accept it, even though he never heard of it.  Huhsign
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a similar situation with a replacement machine. I requested assistance from ResMed regarding data transmission. They explained that there was a single account that used the machine's serial number as the control key and that they did not know of any way to merge two accounts with different keys. I wound up creating two ResScan reports and two SD cards, one for each machine, and sent my DME a statement of facts. They acknowledged the receipt of the cards (which they presumably processed and returned), and the matter was closed.

What I think happened is that the DME has a form they send to Medicare and insurers which attests to their review of the data.

I would be interested if someone else had a similar issue.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2024, 04:22 AM)srlevine1 Wrote: I wound up creating two ResScan reports and two SD cards, one for each machine, and sent my DME a statement of facts.

I did a similar thing. I just walked both machines, with their SD cards, into the DME's office. I could have walked them into the doctor's office, but they were unable to read one of the SD cards as it was damaged.

I'll just have to wait and see what the doctor says at my next (remote) meeting.

BTW, ResMed states on their website that you can just create two accounts, but when I tried to do that it wouldn't let me because both accounts had the same email address. Jeez.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Needed: Friend Struggling with CPAP Compliance Due to Anxiety and Mask Removal Sarin 4 86 09-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Sad [CPAP] Seeking Advice for Friend Struggling with CPAP Compliance Sarin 2 251 09-26-2024, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Sarin
  Anyone use CPAP sanitizing machines? sleepingbetterinFl 6 280 09-09-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] 7 day compliance beparis1 1 159 09-04-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Inexpensive monitor to help with dental appliance compliance? djbclark 3 229 08-04-2024, 10:22 AM
  Not sleeping + non-compliance = Big Mess Elaine 16 962 07-21-2024, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Elaine
  Which CPAP machines do not use sound abatement foam? flogger 8 9,317 07-18-2024, 09:16 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.