Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone use CPAP sanitizing machines?
Anyone use CPAP sanitizing machines?
I was advised by DME company which supplies my CPAP equipment that I invest in sanitizing UV cleaner .  Anyone recommend this system and any advice>. The So clean one is too steep in price for me but I am open to other suggestions.  Is this better than hand cleaning the mask parts?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone use CPAP sanitizing machines?
I have a sanitizing system for the parts, such as hose, mask, headgear, etc. I've used it a couple of times but kind of gave up on it. It's like a large bag that you put the stuff in. 

I hand wash my mask system and hose. I've never heard of sanitizing the machine itself, if it's even possible. They one I bought was very reasonably priced. It was like $50.00 or so. 

Anyways, DME suppliers want to sell you as much stuff as they think they can get away with.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Big Guy. Forget the DME. Clean by hand.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-09-2024, 03:14 PM)Nightynite Wrote: Forget the DME. Clean by hand.

In addition, both ozonisers and UV cleaners generate ozone, which disintegrates plastics, which eventually end up in your lungs as dust.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, those cleaners are bad for both your machine and your health.  We each had one but stopped using them long ago.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Correct, it'll damage the plastic and you. Skip it, save the money, go get a big coffee.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As noted, they will degrade components, not just your pocketbook. Mild soap, warm water, drip dry, done.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which CPAP machines do not use sound abatement foam? flogger 8 9,227 07-18-2024, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] Establishing Compliance Using Two Machines Sleepster 5 311 07-03-2024, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Two Lowenstein Prisma 20A Machines on OSCAR MurrayNevada 9 534 06-15-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: MurrayNevada
  [Equipment] Sanitizing Used Machine gamestar32 14 583 06-07-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Backup power options for CPAP machines terp1984 48 17,033 05-03-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: terp1984
  csa machines cexer 1 322 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 2,255 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.