Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Therapy Help!
RE: Therapy Help!
Obviously your results and comfort are better. I'll tell you exactly what we did. We took your prescribed fixed pressure of 7.0 and subtracted 2-cm for EPR to give you 7.0/5.0 (inhale exhale). We set the mode to autoset with a maximum pressure of 9.0. This results in a pressure range of 7.0/5.0 to 9.0/7.0. This is completely within the prescription parameters, but works better for you. Good luck with the mask. It's been my choice for many years.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the good summary and I plan on sharing it. I really do like my NP so I think I will actually print off the Oscar screenshots to show the improvements and to have them put it in my records. 

I tried the p10 last night and honestly, it was rough. You can see that 2 hr gap, well the mask came off and it was on my chin. I then switched back to the N20 and struggled with it as well. My wife did tell me I snored. 

So I went back to the DME place and swapped for a Airtouch F20 that has the memory foam looking stuff. Hopefully that doesn't break my nose out like silicone did. 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=59072]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The bridge of my nose breaks out /gets a bloody sore too with silicone so I'll be curious to hear what you find with the foam.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ll definitely let you know how it goes. At first glance, it seems like it will help but it looks like the seal won’t be as good. 

More to come!
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59113]So last night was much better. The bridge of my nose is still pretty messed up from the silicone mask a few nights ago, but the memory foam cushion, in my opinion, is so much better. 

One thing I didn't think about is cleaning - it's not recommended to use water so you are stuck with using the wipes. Another downside is, I don't think they last as long as the silicone ones and they are more expensive.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Quick update: 

Things are still going great setting wise, but I'm struggling with masks so I wanted to post this for others who might be in the same problem. 

Issue: I have used a nasal mask since 2015, and frankly, I think I've been doing it wrong since day 1 due to mouth leaks. However, it's only been recently discovered since I've used OSCAR and realized how much more a nasal mask leaks for me compared to full face. 

So I swapped to the F20 silicone and it works great, but I get nose bridge irritation and a huge scab from both the F20 and N20. Swapped to the Airtouch F20 and N20 with the memory foam. It solves the irritation issue, but I don't get a good seal and I feel like I have to get it super tight to prevent leaks. The N20 was worse and I honestly think I should have went with large (I use medium for both F20 and N20). 

So I have just went and exchanged the F20 airtouch with the F30. I'm hoping this solves the issue of both bridge of nose irritation and leaks. I will keep everyone updated.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar Lorrubdb 395 22,912 06-21-2022, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Lorrubdb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.