Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Wellue SleepU question
Wellue SleepU question
I have the SleepU from Wellue and it seems to work well and give me the info I need. Does anyone else who has this device know how to (or if it’s even possible to)

1. Dim the brightness of the wrist-bound display that comes on temporarily via turning your arm?
2. Switch the display so it’s oriented for the right wrist/hand? (seems to assume left hand use, leaving the display upside down when worn on the right arm)

The only controls seem to be via the ViHealth App for iOS, and those settings aren’t available there.

thx
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wellue SleepU question
I have the SleepU oximeter.  Great little basic oximeter for the money (value) IMO.  

1.  put a band aid over the front of the screen and tape it to the back.  Or just tape something (gauze cut out, etc.) over the front of the screen to block the light.  

2.  You could try turning it upside down when wearing it on the right hand, but the little wire would have to be long enough to stretch the finger sensor enough to the correct finger.  I don't think they have longer cords.  Only this length.  *I just tried this and it does work, but it bends the wire a lot almost 180 degrees on itself (hopefully wouldn't break it or cause faulty readings?)  I just have the display upside down when using it on my right hand. 

I hope this helps.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oximeter Accuracy: Wellue vs. VirtuOx SunMesa 2 162 09-04-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: SunMesa
  [Equipment] How accurate is the Wellue O2 Ring? desaturator 13 10,465 08-22-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Wellue O2 data vs Oscar MargaretS 7 423 07-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Wellue Checkme O2 & OSCAR Brewskie 9 1,368 05-10-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  added a wellue o2 ring. importing data was easy eok361 0 357 05-01-2024, 08:09 PM
Last Post: eok361
  [CPAP] OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - Unsupported O2s Francois1963 0 298 04-09-2024, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Francois1963
Question [Equipment] How does the CSV extract from Wellue SpO2 ring look like? Ayush Shrivastava 2 403 04-05-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Ayush Shrivastava

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.