Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do I need to increase my max pressure?
Do I need to increase my max pressure?
Seems like I'm topping out?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do I need to increase my max pressure?
We can't tell at the moment. 

First thing you needed to do is to post the following graphs in this order, so we can review properly:-

Events
Flow rate
Pressure
Leak rate
Flow limitations

Please resize your graphs to show the above clearly, and remove the calendar to give more space. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also you have omitted the first sleep segment of 6hrs 52 mins.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is this better?  (I'm fairly new to using Oscar)

Post Reply Post Reply
If you turn on EPR, full-time at setting 3, your pressure will settle down and your flow limits will be reduced significantly. Pressure is rising because of detected flow limitation, which the Resmed Airsense Autoset uses as a signal to "raise pressure now". As long as the flow limits are there, your Autoset will try to raise pressure to the limits of the settings. With EPR, your 95% flow limitation will drop from 0.17-0.19 to less than 0.1. Once we see the results, we can consider your pressure. Flow limitation is the cause of respiratory effort related arousals, hypopnea and a precursor of obstructive apnea. Read the wiki. https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...limitation
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are my numbers from last night after turning on EPR.

Post Reply Post Reply
You're on-target for flow limits dropping from 0.19 to 0.08, but you need higher minimum pressure to avoid the obstructive events. With EPR will often use bilevel pressure notation. Your minimum pressure right now is 9.0/6.0 (IPAP/EPAP). We use EPAP to prevent obstructive events, and IPAP to provide ventilation for reduction of flow limits, snores, RERA and hypopnea. Clearly your obstructive threshold is higher than 6.0 cm. We can solve this by raising minimum pressure to prevent the OA. Your current minimum is 9/6, so let's titrate incrementally upward to 10/7 then 11/8 and see what it takes to reduce the OA. Maximum pressure is less important, but you probably want to keep it 2 to 3 cm above minimum.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much! I'll bump up the min. as noted.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Increase in Central Apneas Luna G3 PAP Link Data thowle 8 138 29 minutes ago
Last Post: Jay51
  Prisma Smart doesn't increase pressure mark123456 4 140 09-28-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [CPAP] Need help, crazy amount of flow limitations events on pressure increase testetst2212 6 425 08-25-2024, 10:59 AM
Last Post: Jay51
Question Z2 pressure vs Airsense11 pressure jwalker5 2 206 08-17-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: jwalker5
  Recent AHI increase - OSCAR interpretation please jkbp03 4 246 08-13-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Question Sudden Unexplained Increase in Leak Rate lygodia 9 634 07-22-2024, 08:45 PM
Last Post: lygodia
Question Recent increase in Clear Airway events cupcakechinchilla 4 403 07-15-2024, 01:53 PM
Last Post: cupcakechinchilla

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.