Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Prisma Smart doesn't increase pressure
Prisma Smart doesn't increase pressure
Hi all,

I have a Lowenstein Prisma Smart device, configured to APAP standard mode, pressure limits 4.5 - 8.5.
When I test mask leaks, I see that the most comfortable pressure is 6-6.5. 
When I go sleep and start functioning the device, it goes to the minimal pressure 4.5 and remains at that level. That pressure is quite low for me and I have to forcefully suck in air to breath. It is more comfortably for me to breath without mask than with mask.

Why does it happen? Doesn't it have to regulate the pressure level automatically according to my needs?
Does the pressure level have to change on the screen? It constantly remains on 4.5 level.
When I stop breathing by purpose, the device doesn't do anything. I believe it should react on such event, or it differs such case from a real sleeping apnea?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Prisma Smart doesn't increase pressure
Would love to see some data.  Without it, I'm only guessing at what's going on.  

If you are using the Auto mode, then the machine will always start at the minimum pressure that you have set.  Also, if you are using ramp, it will start there and may sit there for however long you set it for.  I suggest turning off Ramp.

Consider that the pressure may simply not be changing because there are no apneas detected to cause the pressure to rise.  Without looking at data, it's impossible to know.  

And yes, your starting minimum pressure is too low.  I would adjust that setting even if for comfort only to:  
Minimum 7cm
Maximum 12cm.
EPR or equivalent set at 2.
Ramp off.

Your Prisma Smart is well supported by OSCAR.  Consider using it and upload a Screenshot of the Daily page here:

Follow the links in my Signature Line below to guide you.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any one have or had a smart watch to track your sleep information. BangkokBoy 10 1,383 Yesterday, 03:17 PM
Last Post: LyndMc
  Transitioning from ResMed to Lowenstein Prisma 20A SakimaStorm 10 1,443 09-25-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Weinmann / Löwenstein Prisma 20A Auto CPAP: APAP settings: standard vs. dynamic Costas P 7 12,831 09-12-2024, 09:22 AM
Last Post: donsburg
  [CPAP] OSCAR help adjusting pressure - Prisma smart georgesadam 6 308 09-06-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: georgesadam
  PRISMA CR ASV machine Arik 1 156 09-04-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  [Equipment] ResMed heated humidifier tubing doesn't stay warm Dr.Bob 10 2,052 08-25-2024, 09:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Need help, crazy amount of flow limitations events on pressure increase testetst2212 6 413 08-25-2024, 10:59 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.