Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

yedi144 - Therapy Thread
RE: A novice Desperate for help!!!
        Good morning hope all is well .

This is my data from last night , just wanted your thoughts on it . Didn't get the cervical collar yet but made some adjustments with a flatter pillow . Although i didn't get much sleep i still feel kinda good .
Post Reply Post Reply
That looks much better, no positional apnea and flow limits under control. Great job. I don’t see much to change. Keep working on the positional apnea.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Just want you to know i really appreciate the advice you gave me .
Post Reply Post Reply
        good morning . 

Sorry to bother you , this is my data from last night.

Doesn't look good just wanted to your input and does it look like positional apnea ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes some PA. it’s hard not to get into a position while you are asleep but it is not as bad as it was when you started.  You still might want to try a collar. Another is it looked like only about 3 to 4 hours. No one can feel rested in that time frame.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
What do you mean 3 to 4 hours ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry I miss read it was almost 6 hours.
Post Reply Post Reply
Any Advice ??
This is my data from Oscar last night . Any advice to improve my sleep ? Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: yedi144 - Therapy Thread
yedi144,

I combine your two threads as they both pertain to your therapy. Going forward, please use this thread for all your questions and chart posting.

Thanks Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: yedi144 - Therapy Thread
I agree with Stacey's assessment of positional apnea.  Did the  soft cervical collar arrive yet?  A collar can keep your chin from tucking during sleep and "kinking" your airway like a garden hose.  Just measure the distance from your chin to your sternum (chest bone).  They sell various sizes.  Just do an internet search and try to pick one that you think will be comfortable for you in the right size.  

You may want to try increasing your max pressure above 14 in the mean time also.  It might help a little bit, but the thing that will most likely make the most difference is getting a soft cervical collar.  

1st you can try changing your sleeping position also (from back sleeping to side).   You can also lower your pillow height (different pillow) to decrease how much the pillow causes your chin to tuck into your chest.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Zeno's therapy thread Zeno 10 239 4 hours ago
Last Post: Zeno
  [CPAP] xirokx - Therapy Thread xirokx 108 2,493 4 hours ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Brigabart's Therapy Thread Brigabart 10 228 Yesterday, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  sleepyveem's therapy thread sleepyveem 10 421 09-14-2024, 07:33 PM
Last Post: sleepyveem
  [CPAP] eok361 - Therapy Thread eok361 100 6,069 09-13-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [CPAP] PSG1 - Therapy Thread PSG1 19 2,910 09-12-2024, 08:25 AM
Last Post: PSG1
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,996 408,490 09-11-2024, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.