Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Finally giving OSCAR a shot after 4 months of CPAP with no results
Finally giving OSCAR a shot after 4 months of CPAP with no results
Hey y'all, new member here. I've been feeling really hopeless lately because my apnea hasn't seemed to improve at all, so here I am. Let me add some context first that might be helpful: I have both obstructive and central sleep apnea, however I use a CPAP because my doctor believes that the central apnea is caused by my POTS, and I don't tend to have the central apneas unless I have an obstructive apnea. So we're just focusing on making sure that obstructive apneas don't start up. 

Secondly, my tongue is pretty weak, and tends to drop to the bottom of my mouth moments before I fall asleep. I have no clue how to fix this, as my tongue doesn't do this while I'm awake. So I can't exactly train it to stay up. Other than that, I am doing tongue exercises a few times a day so hopefully those will make a difference eventually.

Anyway, here's my data. Thanks to anyone who tries to help! Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Finally giving OSCAR a shot after 4 months of CPAP with no results
Welcome to the forum SleeepyPuck!

To start with I would raise your minimum pressure to 8cm and lower your max pressure to 15cm, I cannot see if EPR is on, could please check and tell us if it's on fulltime or ramp only and at what level?
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR is off, should I turn it on?
Post Reply Post Reply
For sure!
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you determined whether your tongue drops in any particular body position, like on your back?

Has a doc told you your tongue drops, or could your whole jaw be dropping? Jaw drop is very common and can be readily addressed.
Post Reply Post Reply
You mention both Obstructive and Central Apnea, assumed your meaning the results of your sleep study. Did you get your detailed copy yet? Request it if your didn't. Post it here, redacted of your personal info.

Why I'm mentioning? Let's see if the doctor is on the right trail with your events.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My doctor has told me my tongue drops, although i’m not entirely sure how you can tell the difference between your jaw dropping and your tongue dropping by itself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2024, 06:53 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: You mention both Obstructive and Central Apnea, assumed your meaning the results of your sleep study. Did you get your detailed copy yet? Request it if your didn't. Post it here, redacted of your personal info.

Why I'm mentioning? Let's see if the doctor is on the right trail with your events.

Is there any specific part of the study you want to see? I have it printed out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry I keep replying lol there’s a lot to take in and I’m going to bed in an hour or so: for the EPR, what level should I put it at? And should I have it in ramp mode?
Post Reply Post Reply
What I'm after is the event table including type and count. I wanted to see how many CA vs OA.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Understanding sleep study results Moemah123 10 202 1 hour ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Diagnosis] On CPAP for 3 months and still exhausted please HELP!! Willrule88 8 224 Yesterday, 07:18 PM
Last Post: alemon
  Months of CPAP use and feeling more fatigued senseisaitama 4 155 09-15-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Sleep Apnea CPAP/OSCAR/OSA/CA trish1028 1 174 09-08-2024, 03:36 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] 8 months in and could still use help papjourney 1 136 09-08-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  OSCAR Results Help Napnea4 4 173 09-07-2024, 10:56 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Pressure] Help me understand Oscar report and optimize CPAP therapy Oliverwoods 1 158 09-07-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.