Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lowered Flow Rate Followed By CA
Lowered Flow Rate Followed By CA
Hello all, I'm curious if anyone can tell me what's happening here. I observe this pattern a lot in my sleep charts. Periods of smooth breathing, with what appears to be a lower flow rate, followed by sudden choppy breathing and then a central apnea.  I'm wondering if CAs are pushing me out of deep sleep cycle early, causing me to be tired all the time - or something like that. I've been using CPAP for a few months.  HA and OA are fairly under control but still tired all the time and wondering how much CA is affecting me as it's clearly the more significant cause of breathing stoppage at this point. I've stopped using the EPR setting completely (which did help with CAs to some degree), and I've switched to a fixed CPAP pressure setting of 9cm which was recommended after a recent titration study (which has not had any noticeable effect on CAs).

I've included a close up of what it looks like at the end of those low flow rate periods.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Switched to full face mask last night. Flow limitation increased obstructedairway101 10 143 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  EPR 1, hight flow limit, but lots of CA throwaway1242 6 118 1 hour ago
Last Post: SeePak
  Leak Rate maybe Skewing AHI ? StratCat48 2 67 Yesterday, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Are pulse rate changes significant during sleep? UsuallyTired 6 226 10-12-2024, 05:05 PM
  [Symptoms] More Tired With Less Flow Limitations sowo123 3 226 10-10-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Leaks and Flow Rates cyberfiche 4 313 10-02-2024, 10:38 AM
  Weird Flow Rate Pattern Started 3 days ago Dodies 2 154 09-30-2024, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Dodies

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.