Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First few nights w CPAP - Looking to dial in
First few nights w CPAP - Looking to dial in
Thank you to anyone who can help. Watch Pat home sleep test showed AHI of 14.6. I tried my best to format these screenshots from a few nights this week. Any suggestions for settings to tweak? I'm comfortable changing the settings on the machine, but not yet good at reading the OSCAR data. PS what an amazing community you have here. I am enjoying learning from everyone so far.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First few nights w CPAP - Looking to dial in
From the charts posted, I suggest the following.

Min pressure 7
Max pressure 10
EPR 2 full-time
No ramp

My logic is that you have a few centrals which are likely treatment emergent and they may go away on their own, but for now a bit less EPR may help. You also have some obstructive and hypopnoea events, so a bit more pressure should help with that. Note that with your current EPR=3, you will only get the full benefit of it when your IPAP pressure is >= 7. Starting at 7 is a good place to being tweaking.

Flow limitations look good. You do have a few large leaks, but I’m not concerned with them at the moment as you have only been using CPAP for a few nights.

Give that a go for a few nights and let us know how it feels.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First few nights w CPAP - Looking to dial in
I will try it. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Compare two nights - Leaky Mask Help apneavolt 3 275 09-28-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Oscar data - first 3 nights Pugilist555 1 171 09-26-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [CPAP] 5 nights in.....grumpier,forgetful and very tired! toby2111 28 1,616 08-26-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  First 2 nights Narcil 48 3,544 08-08-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Narcil
  OSCAR data for first 2 full face nights flyingcrowgang 2 228 08-07-2024, 09:07 PM
Last Post: flyingcrowgang
  OSCAR data after first two "successful" nights ElDesperado 1 217 08-07-2024, 12:46 PM
Last Post: Narcil
  34 horrible nights - how many more? RigMover 3 294 07-31-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: RigMover

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.