Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First night with Oscar
First night with Oscar
Last night was my first night I was able to fall asleep with a CPAP, so I quickly uploaded my oscar data this morning to see. And I have no idea what any of this means or what I should do next? I've tried reading some guides but I'm still very confused. Anyone want to help decipher this?

[attachment=67436]
[attachment=67437]
[attachment=67438]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First night with Oscar
A you are getting some Obstructive Apneas I would set your pressure to a minimum of 7cm or perhaps 8cm with a maximum of 14cm.  Leave your EPR at 2 for now, in two or three days post another chart.

Welcome to the forum...
I am not an expert...just a long time user.

OSCAR - The Guide
Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
Positional Apnea

Post Reply Post Reply
I’m a bit confused about the hours you used the unit. You maybe tried it in the afternoon and then used it for the night? That’s a great strategy for noobs, but just checking to make sure that was intended (otherwise we have to address that big gap).

Follow @OldSteve’s settings directions for a couple of nights, and then post an Oscar or two. If you could post them in Apneaboard’s standard format, that would be a big help. The protocol is in the menu. The less time posters have to spend looking for salient detail, the more time they have available to be helpful to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
The big gap was an attempt at a nap. I've been struggling to sleep throughout the night since I got the CPAP, so I tried to get a nap after work but again couldn't fall asleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, okay. Yep, I remember those days with the napping thing and trying to get sorted with xPAP. Great that you got masked up and everything for your nap.

Post your Oscars… I’m sure some better sleep will be on the way. However, it does take the body some time to adjust, so you might have to endure some sleepiness for a while.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Self treating: Advice for tuning after first night OSCAR data? citrus1 22 1,088 10-14-2024, 11:39 PM
Last Post: Bkflg
  OSCAR - best night yet, but still having trouble. gohoos1998 0 156 10-01-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: gohoos1998
  Night 1 OSCAR Data Interpretation Stuartt 10 464 09-06-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Stuartt
  [CPAP] (OSCAR) Results of first night with CPAP machine dnserror 1 245 08-29-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  First night with new mask. Check my OSCAR, please Schnova 3 313 08-22-2024, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  First night with data / OSCAR interpretation? goodmorning 6 476 08-20-2024, 05:22 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [CPAP] First night with OSCAR chandaman20 22 938 06-07-2024, 01:04 PM
Last Post: chandaman20

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.