Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility
RE: FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility
(03-31-2018, 03:48 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: Format the card as fat 32 then remove and reinsert, it should go back to its factory defaults and be visible on the WiFi as flashair_randomnumbers if that works then you should be able to create a settings file.

Thanks. That solved the problem!

After formatting it I connected to it with my phone, then I unmounted it and put it in my Dreamstation Auto CPAP. The Dreamstation screen said 'Disk activity - do not remove card." I let it finish and then connected to it with my phone. I was afraid that the Dreamstation might wipe out the Toshiba wifi stuff, but it didn't, and all my P-SERIES data was right there. Cool!

OK, now I have another problem: The reason I gave up on the Flashair years ago is that my bedroom is just too far away. I can connect to it with my phone up to maybe half the distance between the bedroom and my computer. However, the entire house is wired with cat6 ethernet, including the bedroom. I need some kind of device that I can plug into the ethernet jack in the bedroom that the Flashair can connect to and then my computer can see it as an ethernet device.

Any suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have an old router/WiFi access point laying around, connect it up in the bedroom and make it a repeater. You can set it up to have the same SSID and password as your main access point.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2018, 11:17 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: If you have an old router/WiFi access point laying around, connect it up in the bedroom and make it a repeater.  You can set it up to have the same SSID and password as your main access point.

Yeah, I do. It's a Netgear R6250. Unfortunately I don't remember the username or password that I used with it, so I pushed the reset button. But that set it to its default IP address of 192.168.1.1, which is the same as my real router. I tried to leave the ethernet uplugged and get into it by wifi, and I succeeded in getting my phone to connect to it, but it won't take the default username and password (admin/password). I give up. It would be cheaper in consideration of time just to buy a new device.
Post Reply Post Reply
You'd think that resetting it would reset the password as well.  I did a quick search and if you happened to have set up the password recovery option then you could try this:

To recover your password:

1. In the address field of your browser, type www.routerlogin.net.
    A login window open.

2. Click the Cancel button.
    If password recovery is enabled, you are prompted to enter the serial number of the router.
    The serial number is on the product label.

3. Enter the serial number of the router.

4. Click the Continue button.
    A screen displays requesting the answers to your security questions.

5. Enter the saved answers to your security questions.

6. Click the Continue button.
    A screen displays your recovered password.

7. Click the Login again button.
    A login window opens.

8. With your recovered password, log in to the router.
Post Reply Post Reply
Whenever I am setting up a router (or access point) I remove it from my network and direct connect it to a laptop. I use the Network panel applet to set a static network address on the laptop to the same network as the router's default - 192.168.1.x usually - and go thru all the setup. Finally I set the router's address to what I want it to be onmy network (192.168.nn.x) and reboot the router. Of course, now I have to reset the laptop's address to DHCP before it will connect to the router.
It's a little complicated, but it works.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2018, 12:45 PM)JJJ Wrote: Yeah, I do. It's a Netgear R6250. Unfortunately I don't remember the username or password that I used with it, so I pushed the reset button. But that set it to its default IP address of 192.168.1.1, which is the same as my real router. I tried to leave the ethernet uplugged and get into it by wifi, and I succeeded in getting my phone to connect to it, but it won't take the default username and password (admin/password). I give up. It would be cheaper in consideration of time just to buy a new device.

OK, I got a new (to me) router from a place that recycles electronics. I got it configured as a wifi access point on my network, but now I have another problem - I can't get the Flashair to connect to it. The admin page on the new router doesn't even see the Flashair. And my laptop's wifi can see the Flashair, but can't connect to it either.

Edit: I forgot the Flashair config file:

[Vendor]

CIPATH=/DCIM/100__TSB/FA000001.JPG
APPMODE=6
APPSSID=JJJ
APPNETWORKKEY=********
VERSION=F19BAW3AW2.00.03
CID=02544d535731364708dc3c707800e501
PRODUCT=FlashAir
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
MASTERCODE=10a5d0174de2
LOCK=1
Post Reply Post Reply
Set
APPMODE=5 and make sure the APPSSID and APPNETWORKID are correct save the config place the card in the cpap machine and test again.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2018, 01:16 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Whenever I am setting up a router (or access point) I remove it from my network and direct connect it to a laptop.
It's a little complicated, but it works.

Man, I wish this board had votes for posts! This simple idea (yeah, I know it's a huge bother!) can avoid so much frustration down the line that it needs to be flagged. (hmm... I suppose all the bit-brains and even the wire-heads already do this as a matter of course.

Thanks  like
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2018, 04:11 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Whenever I am setting up a router (or access point) I remove it from my network and direct connect it to a laptop.

That's how I did it, mostly because I had to. My existing router is 192.168.1.1 and the router I bought to turn into an access point was also 192.168.1.1. So I had no choice but to keep it off my network until I could at least change its address. I opted for the easy way - using my phone to connect while the new router had no wires yet.

I have it set up and working, but I can't get the Flashair to connect to it. Here is the current incarnation of my config file:

[Vendor]

CIPATH=/DCIM/100__TSB/FA000001.JPG
APPMODE=5
APPSSID=Linksys05888
APPNETWORKKEY=********
VERSION=F19BAW3AW2.00.03
CID=02544d535731364708dc3c707800e501
PRODUCT=FlashAir
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
MASTERCODE=66a6ba6e5860
LOCK=1

I've spent a lot of time on this. I can keep poking at it and someday I might actually succeed. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a lot of problems initially setting up my Flashair.

I used a text editor on my Mac that terminated each line with the standard Unix LineFeed character. Spend an our or so and just couldn't see the FlashAir card.

On a whim I tried it on my Windows machine, still didn't work.

Then when I displayed the CONFIG file I saw it display as a single long line. Resaved using CR LF as line terminators and it's worked great since.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Toshiba FlashAir SD Card, Mac (M2), OSCAR Setup Help WarDaddy427 1 316 10-02-2024, 01:25 AM
Last Post: donsburg
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 3 1,571 09-03-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 203 34,216 07-03-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: bwd1
  Wifi to Oscar KimLB 1 455 07-01-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Toshiba FlashAir on Mac Notes mtwomey 12 2,849 06-29-2024, 09:36 AM
Last Post: risherwood
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 15 4,028 05-03-2024, 11:09 PM
Last Post: narual
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 1,213 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.