Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility
RE: FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility
None of your devices can see Lionsden in their settings?  I'm not even up to novice level with FA yet, so I'm going to give my best advice: punt!  Do a Giggle search for flashair station mode and check out what FlashAir Developers have to say about it.

And please post results!
Post Reply Post Reply
Lionsden is the name is the network I’m trying to get the Flashair card to join.  No matter what I do, I can’t see the card anywhere on the network. If I revert to access point mode, I can log on to the flash card’s SSID, but when I change it back to station mode, nada. 

I think you’re right .... I’ll check the web for FA advice. I just thought that since so many here had been successful, someone might be able to help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are some problems people incur:
  1. Every time you edit the CONFIG file, you MUST replace the asterisks "*" in the APPNETWORKKEY with the actual password. Otherwise, it will store the password as a bunch of asterisks.
  2. It is preferable to use a static IP to access the FlashAir
  3. Parameters for setting a static IP in station mode:
    • DHCP_Enabled=NO
    • IP_Address=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    • Subnet_Mask=255.255.255.0
  4. Parameters that you may wish to add:
    • UPLOAD=1
    • NOISE_CANCEL=0
    • STA_RETRY_CT=0
  5. If editing with Mac or Linux, make sure that you have a CR/LF option selected for line termination. If this option is not available, use the command line below.
Enter this command in a terminal window.   Replace filename with the name of the file you wish to convert
sed -i -e 's/$/\r/' filename

I hope something above will help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If setting static on the flashair is not an option for you (for whatever reason), then on the front of your Flashair card it will give you its MAC address. Open your wifi router and search for that MAC address. Another option, if on Windows, is to use ARP -a in a command prompt. A third option is a utility like netscan to scan your subnet. It will give you the IP and MAC of every device connected.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Some good tips Crimson Nape and AlanE ... Thanks. I hadn't thought of the CR/LF question (I'm using a Mac). And I didn't realize that devices could be accessed directly by their MAC address. Geez - 25 years at Microsoft and IBM, and you'd think I'd have learned that much.

I actually returned the card the other day. I thought I might try a 3rd-geneartion (W-03) card instead, since that's what most people seem to be using who have had success with this. Also, I have a notion my doctor might be trying me on a different type of machine after I see him tomorrow, as my AHI has since starting therapy has been around 17.6.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2018, 01:23 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: [*]If editing with Mac or Linux, make sure that you have a CR/LF option selected for line termination. If this option is not available, use the command line below.
[/list]
Enter this command in a terminal window.   Replace filename with the name of the file you wish to convert
sed -i -e 's/$/\r/' filename

I hope something above will help.

Hi Crimson Nape,
I am using Linux Ubuntu and do not have this line included within the config file and things appear to be working OK. Would I see any benefit to adding it or just leave things alone? You know..."if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it"!
Thanks for your time.

GordK
Post Reply Post Reply
Most of the newer editors for Apple and Linux have the CR/LF option turned on to be compatible with Windows. Also, if it's working then it has both in your file. If it doesn't have both, the CONFIG file will appear to be one l-o-n-g line of code. FlashAir can't parse the file when it is like that.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ha!!
Now I understand... Carriage Return/Line Feed (or similar) to get a nice neat looking file.
Obviously, Ubuntu has that behind the scenes or I would be crashed on the rocks and bugging you fine folks for info to resolve.
Thanks for providing the answer to my question.
I will go back to my blissful "all is well" existence now.
Take care!
Cordially,

GordK
Post Reply Post Reply
So my new W-03 card seems to work fine, with one strange exception.  I can access the card in FlashPAP using the host name assigned in the CONFIG line APPNAME=.   So, in my case, I can enter flashaircard.local as the host name.  I can also specify http://flashaircard.local in the address bar of Firefox and Chrome to see the contents of the card.  However, I cannot access the card using flashaircard.local in Safari. 

I can live with this ... it's just irksome to not know why it doesn't work in Safari!   Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
Being an Apple product, it's probably a pay-per-view.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Toshiba FlashAir SD Card, Mac (M2), OSCAR Setup Help WarDaddy427 1 316 10-02-2024, 01:25 AM
Last Post: donsburg
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 3 1,571 09-03-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 203 34,219 07-03-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: bwd1
  Wifi to Oscar KimLB 1 455 07-01-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Toshiba FlashAir on Mac Notes mtwomey 12 2,849 06-29-2024, 09:36 AM
Last Post: risherwood
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 15 4,028 05-03-2024, 11:09 PM
Last Post: narual
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 1,213 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.