Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility
RE: FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility
I've only found 2 8Gb versions that are/were reasonably priced at 29.99 and 34.69. Try looking on PCHub and eBay.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just checked NewEgg. Good grief, the price has increased! Wow.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Been fiddling around today for many hours trying different combinations of things with this 64GB FlashAir card.  I think I have made some notable progress as well as other notable things that I believe don't work.  And should probably be avoided in future attempts.  Lastly, I hope this information will help others who are trying to get a 64GB card to work on their Apple system.  Hopefully to complete success in the near future.

First, the flops.
Every time I partition the 64GB card into two 32's, the ResMed machine immediately reformats it into one 64GB partition and reformats it to MS-DOS (FAT32).  So, partitioning to two 32's seems to be out.

I used Disk Utility to format two 32GB and/or one 64GB partition(s) (all combinations thereof) as MS-DOS (FAT) / ExFAT, Master Boot Record / GUID Partition Map.  In every combination, I used FlashAirFWUpdateToolV4_v40004_K which results in three eject/remove/insert cycles ending in a message saying I don't have a Flashair card installed.  The Config file is there as it should be, but the password never changes to "********" after the card is ejected/removed/inserted.  So I have come to the conclusion that whatever the "Updater" utility is supposed to do (update software), it isn't successful.

Per the flop above, I believe the only formatting method that is viable is to use the ResMed (or other xPAP machine) to do the initial formatting.  I believe a year ago, I also had success formatting the card with my Nikon camera.

Second, the positive progress.
  1. Initial formatting with my ResMed ASV. (good)
  2. Run FlashAirFWUpdateToolV4_v40004_K utility. (Goes through 2 of the 3 cycles. 1st one "Preparing..." is quick. 2nd one, "Installing..." appears to hang, non-responsive, then continues, (several times) then after 13 minutes or so, it completes the progress bar, but definitely hangs. I then have to force quit the process. This appears to be enough to make the card work properly.) (presumably good enough)
  3. Copy and paste new Config parameters using Text Edit. (This switches to APPMODE=5, amongst adding many other parameters - see my Config data below. Interesting note, I discovered that the default Config file has several lines and numerous space characters at the end of the file. Don't know why, but I decided to leave that area alone in case there was some purpose to it being there. Several times I would edit the Config file by only changing the "**************" password string back to my actual password, eject, remove/insert, and the password was encrypted back to "**************".  That told me that the card did have its "software" installed correctly and it was likely actually reading the Config file.) (assumed to be working to some extent)
Next hurdle.
I believe the next step would be to go into my Airport utility and map the card as a network drive.  But the new "NO NAME" drive does not appear with my other network drives.  I believe the parameters from the AirPort Extreme are plugged into the Config file correctly.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=23734]

I pinged the IP address, but I don't know how to interpret the information that is returned.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=23733]

Config Data
[Vendor]

CIPATH=/DCIM/100__TSB/FA000001.JPG
APPMODE=5
APPNETWORKKEY=egb2048rjb4096
VERSION=F15DBW3BW4.00.04
CID=02544d535736344755f330e37a012101
PRODUCT=FlashAir
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
APPNAME=flashair

LOCK=1
APPSSID=AppleNetwork8a3ca7
DHCP_Enabled=NO
IP_Address=192.168.20.77
SUBNET_MASK=255.255.255.0
Default_Gateway=216.93.227.65
Preferred_DNS_Server=66.60.130.2
UPLOAD=1
NOISE_CANCEL=0
STA_RETRY_CT=0
DNSMODE=1
APPAUTOTIME=0

Next Step.
Relax and forget about it for a little while.  At least I have things ironed out that appear to be repeatable to the point of what is outlined above.  Any ideas - am I on the right track?  Just another small tweak and I've got it?

General Info.
2018 MacBook Pro - Mojave - 10.14.6
Editor used - Apple's Text Edit.
Card - FlashAir W-04, 64GB, Type 3
Update tool - Version 40004 (or 4.04 depending on where you look)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
You have me confused. You are pinging a 192.168.0 network but you have your FlashAir set to a 192.168.20 network. I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish. Unless you have the subnet mask set to 255.255.0.0 on all devices, you aren't going to see anything with those settings, at best.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2020, 07:04 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: You have me confused.  You are pinging a 192.168.0 network but you have your FlashAir set to a 192.168.20 network.  I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish.  Unless you have the subnet mask set to 255.255.0.0 on all devices, you aren't going to see anything with those settings, at best.

It's just called - getting tired and my eyes are glazing over.

I edited the Config file - I refreshed my network password, changed subnet mask to 255.255.0.0.
Eject/removed/insert the card.
Checked my password - updated to all *'s again.
Ping -c5 192.168.20.77

Here's what I got.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=23739]

RayBee

~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
One more change...

Changed IP_Address=10.0.1.44  (does not appear in the screenshot below)

My LAN IP addresses are all 10.0.1.xx
[Image: attachment.php?aid=23741]

RayBee

~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
I may be wrong but in the config file your "Default_Gateway" looks like your public IP address.  Try changing it to your local network. Usually it would #.#.#.1
In your case it would be 192.168.20.1 or 10.0.1.1, whichever you are using now.
Jeff8356

NOTE:
Jeff8356 has not been active on forums since October, 2023.
He cannot reply to you.

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Now we are getting somewhere. If your network is using 10.0.1.xx  then you can set you FlashAir to a 10.0.1.44 (or something) and reset the subnet mask back to 255.255.255.0.  

The subnet mask is a way of limiting the network range access.  Basically, if the subnet mask octet is "255", then it means that the corresponding octet in the IP must match exactly to be in the network.  If the octet is set to "0", then any value(1-254) is allowed.   A subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 means the first 3 octets (10.0.1) must all match in number to be in that network.   The fourth octet being 0 will allow any value (1-254) to be used as a device number on that network.  Your FlashAir can be considered as the 44th device on the 10.0.1 network.

I hope this clearer than a bucket of grits.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2020, 10:40 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I hope this clearer than a bucket of grits.

You just made me hungry!  Big Grin

@RayBee, edit the following three lines to match this and see if it works:

IP_Address=10.0.1.44
SUBNET_MASK=255.255.255.0
Default_Gateway=10.0.1.1
Jeff8356

NOTE:
Jeff8356 has not been active on forums since October, 2023.
He cannot reply to you.

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2020, 09:19 PM)RayBee Wrote:
(06-10-2020, 07:04 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: You have me confused.  You are pinging a 192.168.0 network but you have your FlashAir set to a 192.168.20 network.  I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish.  Unless you have the subnet mask set to 255.255.0.0 on all devices, you aren't going to see anything with those settings, at best.

It's just called - getting tired and my eyes are glazing over.

I edited the Config file - I refreshed my network password, changed subnet mask to 255.255.0.0.
Eject/removed/insert the card.
Checked my password - updated to all *'s again.
Ping -c5 192.168.20.77

I have to wonder if you copied that IP address of 192.168.20.77 from one of my posts, because that is the IP address of a FlashAir card in my network, which is 192.168.20.*.  You need to pick an address in your network.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Toshiba FlashAir SD Card, Mac (M2), OSCAR Setup Help WarDaddy427 1 316 10-02-2024, 01:25 AM
Last Post: donsburg
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 3 1,571 09-03-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 203 34,226 07-03-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: bwd1
  Wifi to Oscar KimLB 1 456 07-01-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Toshiba FlashAir on Mac Notes mtwomey 12 2,849 06-29-2024, 09:36 AM
Last Post: risherwood
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 15 4,028 05-03-2024, 11:09 PM
Last Post: narual
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 1,213 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.