Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Complex Sleep Apnea Questions
RE: Complex Sleep Apnea Questions
I had ASV for 2 years, but I've also got the diagnosis of GOLD 3 COPD. In 2019 I had pneumonia in July, then bronchitis in September. Right after that ASV wouldn't sync with my breathing, so I had to quit.

Inspire wouldn't help Centrals because it's an electrical stimulus to tense throat muscles to reduce physical restrictions causing Obstructive Apnea.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow. Sorry to hear about your health issues. I had come to that conclusion too about Inspire.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the concern. I'm fortunate I'm not worse physically, so fair quality of life. However if I had more COPD symptoms, they might actually treat me with the correct machine. Catch 22 at it's finest.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greetings From India - Is it Sleep Apnea or GERD or Anxiety ? EastWeekender 11 313 6 hours ago
Last Post: OpalRose
  Just switched to Resmed F20, have questions LyndMc 4 142 10-24-2024, 08:26 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Symptoms] Fatigue from sleep apnea Person 6 256 10-13-2024, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  HELP: Sudden drastic worsening of Sleep Apnea - Can't sleep at all, CPAP completely u Unkikonki 10 586 10-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Please interpret my Sleep Study Results for Central/Mixed Apnea at 4% desaturated lvl memoryNada786 6 300 10-13-2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: memoryNada786
  ASV Questions DreadPirateRawburts 1 160 10-07-2024, 12:53 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  ResMed F40 mask questions? WCR1950 16 1,249 10-02-2024, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.