Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just switched to Resmed F20, have questions
Just switched to Resmed F20, have questions
I've been on a Phillips comfort gel mask for 15 years, of course they quit making it. I went to my respiratory tech yesterday and told her the ResMed N20 was a no-go for me, I hate that thing! There were no nasal masks that I thought that I would like, so she switched me to a ResMed F20 full face.

I've slept with it for 2 nights now, and I'm doing well with it. Night #1, a score of 95, night #2 a score of 100! I'm a little freaked out though, is why I'm asking questions.

When using the F20, do you notice any exhaust venting? I'm used to the Comfort Gel and especially the N20, venting a whole lot of air, this one seems like it vents little to none. What is freaking me out is the fact that when I exhale, the whole mask is full of warm air, then I inhale, and the air feels cool. I'm wondering if I'm inhaling any of my exhale? This may be the nature of the full face beast, but I wouldn't know is why I ask.

I have my pressure set for autoset 8-13 with my EPR set for 3. Formerly I was at 14 constant and later 12.5 constant with an EPR of 3. I run 8-13 autoset on my ResMed 10 with an EPR of 3 and its perfect, but I still have the Phillips Comfort Gel on that machine, I hope to switch to the F20 on that as time goes on. I'm wondering if I need to drop my EPR to create more pressure resistance to force more exhaust.

The other thing that I'll not liking about the F20 is trying to scratch as itch on my face or nose in the middle of the night.

Any guidance?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just switched to Resmed F20, have questions
The ResMed full-face masks have a “QuietAir” vent, so it is hardly noticeable. If you feel around the elbow of the connector you will feel the air. 

Nothing to worry about rebreathing your expelled air. The mask moves plenty of air on exhale.

If you have an itch, just reach up in there and scratch it. It will show as a large leak, but that is better than having an ongoing itch.

For now, leave things as they are. You are doing very well. Post again in a few nights or so and we can review things as you get used to the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I started out on CPAP with an F20 mask. I even used one when I had my in-lab two night study. 

I used it for quite a while, then went with an F30. BIG improvement. When the F40 came out, I acquired one of those. It was okay, but not that much better than the F30. 

So I have all three now, and my favorite is still the F30.  like
Post Reply Post Reply
The F30 was offered to me but I turned it down. I didn’t think I’d like that piece that rode on my nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2024, 08:06 PM)LyndMc Wrote: The F30 was offered to me but I turned it down. I didn’t think I’d like that piece that rode on my nose.

I like it cause it doesn't cover my nose. It doesn't feel as obtrusive as the F20. I too, have nose itching issues, and with the F30, they are easier to deal with.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Switched from ASV to Bilevel, Odd Cheyne Stokes Respiration Patterns, Any Thoughts? LennySleeps 4 136 Yesterday, 02:57 PM
Last Post: katbrat
  Humidifer questions.. Resmed 10 Airsense beetee 14 412 10-19-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Switched to full face mask last night. Flow limitation increased obstructedairway101 13 454 10-18-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: obstructedairway101
  ASV Questions DreadPirateRawburts 1 160 10-07-2024, 12:53 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Switched to BIPAP JRTO808 10 491 10-04-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  ResMed F40 mask questions? WCR1950 16 1,249 10-02-2024, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Three weeks in - Some questions SleepyDwarf123 6 1,022 09-29-2024, 07:16 AM
Last Post: SDM1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.