Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support
RE: Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support
If you're ordering from Supplier #1 today, use code SPRING2024 for 25% off on that $155 F40 mask.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
I just received my F40 today. I tested it with the full face setting as well as the pillows setting they recommend. I will say it feels much better on the pillows setting. Will see when I try it out tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck!  I ordered mine and expect it tomorrow.  I hate to admit that I'm excited to get a new interface between my ASV machine and myself.  

Most importantly, I'm looking forward to the possibility of less-interrupted sleep.  For most of the last few years of having the machine, I've used ResMed's nasal pillows - P10 mask.  Since my chin sometimes relaxes and opens during deep sleep, I needed to wear a chin strap that can be uncomfortable.  I then tried the F30 because it also covered the mouth, but found that it often leaked and woke me up.  More recently, I've tried the F20 with memory foam.  It is a relatively comfortable mask, but I sometimes get the unpredictable "ballooning" where it feels like it's trying to lift off my face.  It seems to happen more in the early morning, but it is disruptive and cuts my sleep down considerably.  

For the time being, I've gone back to just the nasal pillows with chin strap as the most acceptable solution.  My hope is that the new F40 rises to the top and allows me to achieve a sound night's sleep with minimal disruption.  I guess the only positive, thus far, is that my central apnea is down from about 57 incidents/hour in the lab to about 0.5/hr now.  

Fingers crossed for the F40!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have to say, after 2 nights with the F40, it has been amazing. Comfortable and easy to put on and seal. By far the best mask I have used to date. AHI was zero last night.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ve got my first night under my belt with the F40, and I also found it to be comfortable and the best mask interface I’ve used thus far.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user, support needed please Katie.williams 8 208 09-05-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Difference between nasal mask, and full face mask setting Ynot 6 307 09-04-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Throat and windpipe full every morning. John Leslie 5 188 08-28-2024, 04:28 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Air Fit F20 Face Mask - Condensation Issue from Breath xirokx 21 456 08-25-2024, 08:50 AM
Last Post: xirokx
  Considering full face mask until I can fix my nasal breathing Ptee8899 11 564 08-25-2024, 08:13 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Full face mask and spare cushion recommendation faine 2 238 08-25-2024, 01:33 AM
Last Post: faine
  P10 Nasal Pillows to F40 Airfit Full Face Mask Settings? stevesleep 3 205 08-23-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.