Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Gogirl - Sleep Apnea Thread
RE: Gogirl - Sleep Apnea Thread
In the right hand corner of the touchscreen... if you see five bars, at least one more bold than the rest, it's transmitting data via cell signal to your DME/doc. aka: Cloud.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks it is a cloud to cloud. Feel incredibly lucky to have gotten such good equipment. Been two nights and I have slept well. Wasn’t as bad using it as I thought it would be.  MyAir gave me a 98 and a 99. Don’t have a computer so can’t download Oscar. But only 1 apnea per hr so very happy. My Dr has my pressure on a ramp so I feel good falling asleep. Still have some insomnia tho.  Only problem is dry mouth - I am a nose breather but I must be opening my mouth some. Bought a dry mouth spray and that helped. Also have a cough. Not as bad today as yesterday. Any suggestions on getting rid of the cough. I am wearing a n30 cradle mask. I also have enlarged turbines. 

I have a climate line tube so I bought a pretty pink tube liner - I am very girly.  Hoping this makes me feel better. Still haven’t let my husband see me with this thing on.
Post Reply Post Reply
The myAir app is more of a feel good app than analytical. I have an AirSense 10 and use to app to see if I need to go digging into Oscar if the numbers appear odd or out of range. What is great about it you can see trends in select areas (useage, seal, events, mask on/off).

Haven't seen one in a while, but they used to send emails saying congrats and the like when we reached milestones.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gogirl - glad you are adjusting! You did luck into good equipment.
A little pink is just what the machine needed to be pretty! Smile

MyAir is very basic data but scores 98-99 means you wore it, had limited leak issue, and low AHI. All good things.

The experts here can't offer much detailed help with settings, if you run into issues, without the OSCAR data but I understand not having a pc.
Maybe consider buying a basic inexpensive one at some point if you do have concerns like fatigue, aerophagia, etc.  I believe the above links on OSCAR cover the system requirements.

Nasal mask can mean significant mouth leak for many people. The MyAir app will register all types of mask leak so if you start seeing big leak numbers you may have to make mask changes.  Lots of posts you can review for expert suggestions for tackling that.

Unfortunately, MyAir doesn't show you flow limitations. So, you could be experiences restrictions in your airflow that are not being captured by the MyAir app.  If you feel good it's of little concern but if you aren't feeling well it's a place to look to offer treatment recommendations.

Many of the experts here advise against using the Ramp function, because the machine can't capture event data while it's on, but if it helps you get to sleep... go for it.  Maybe reduce the Ramp time as you get used to treatment.

The cough may or may not be related to the cpap. Seasonal allergies just got bad for many in my area. 
Make sure you drink plenty of water during the day and use humidity in your machine.

Insomnia may also not be resolved with cpap. Cognitive Behavior Therapy - Insomnia (CBT-I) is usually a recommendation for chronic insomnia issues. You could search online or call local mental health providers to see if any is available in your area. You could also check with your insurance to see what they cover.

I imagine at some point your husband is going to see you wearing the mask. I hope he's a sensitive sort and you can laugh about the awkwardness together.  My partner is happy to see me protecting my health with it and even says the machine makes a relaxing white noise, ha!
Definitely not the sexiest thing ever.
Post Reply Post Reply
I Finally got a little oscar data from very old computer. Wow my respiratory rates looks so low. Is this normal?
Post Reply Post Reply
How low?
Post some screenshots.
Post Reply Post Reply
See attachment     
Post Reply Post Reply
Life is easier if you use OSCAR's built-in screenshot feature... the F12 key will do it, or there is a menu item somewhere...

Ctrl + F12 if you're on a Mac

The screenshots get saved in your OSCAR_Data folder
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry but I have an incredibly old computer. I am surprised I could do this. I think I need to invest in a new one.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can always use the menubar in OSCARView > Take Screenshot then upload and attach that to a forum post.  It is much easier to view them that way.  Down in my signature there are links on how to organize you charts, and how to attach the screenshots to a post.
Jeff8356

NOTE:
Jeff8356 has not been active on forums since October, 2023.
He cannot reply to you.

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GarlicMassage's Therapy Thread GarlicMassage 18 1,922 21 minutes ago
Last Post: GarlicMassage
  Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread Abdulfakih 137 5,886 4 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Greetings From India - Is it Sleep Apnea or GERD or Anxiety ? EastWeekender 6 108 4 hours ago
Last Post: EastWeekender
  HenryECole81 - Therapy Thread HenryECole81 32 1,202 Yesterday, 06:05 PM
Last Post: HenryECole81
  HarleyGirl63 - Therapy Thread HarleyGirl63 13 878 Yesterday, 05:05 PM
Last Post: HarleyGirl63
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 32 3,081 10-16-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: THEVGE
Wink hwnboy therapy thread hwnboy 60 2,804 10-14-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.