Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

HELP! Granddaughter changed settings on Dreamstaton
HELP! Granddaughter changed settings on Dreamstaton
I got the replacement Dreamstation last September as part of the recall. It was set to auto out of the box and everything was going fine until 2 nights ago. When I put the mask on and turned on the machine there was a burst of air pressure that I never experienced. At first I thought it was an issue with my mask and I tried adjusting the mask with no relief. I was tried and frustrated so I just put it aside that night. The next night the same thing happened but I was able to bury my face into my pillow with enough relief that I was able to sleep. As I was looking for information tonight to try and figure out what was going on my wife mentioned that she forgot to tell me that our 3 year granddaughter who loves dials was playing with my machine before my wife could get her away from it. The only thing I know about the settings was that I saw an 8 the first time I used it. How do I get it back to the original auto setting? I know there are a lot of gaps in the information I am able to provide so any help will be greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: HELP! Granddaughter changed settings on Dreamstaton
If you've had an SD card in your DreamStation before your granddaughter played with it, you'll be able to see all the previous settings by looking at your data in OSCAR.

From that, go into the Clinicians menu on your Cpap and reset everything.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your profile shows you use Oscar. Just look back a couple days for your settings in the Daily results. This quick tutorial shows how to access settings: https://www.apneaboard.com/dreamstation-...structions
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Help, I changed but the machine settings need to be ??? webersunshine 4 203 08-25-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [Equipment] P10 headgear changed? Dangerous Dave 12 1,899 08-16-2024, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Dangerous Dave
  Changed Mask to Nasal Pillow - Big AHI Drop Dodies 11 643 08-13-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Dodies
  Changed to Airsense 11, few CA's Stubert 10 734 03-18-2024, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Felt like I was suffocating last night! Changed too many Clinical Settings at once. JoshuaApneaProblems 3 765 01-17-2024, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Muggzy
  Can high loop gain be changed? NoddingHacker 2 699 01-05-2024, 12:33 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Changed my mother over to APAP Mode: Phaleronic 2 526 12-11-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.