Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] How much deep sleep do you actually get?
How much deep sleep do you actually get?
Hello all,

I was wondering how much deep sleep people on this forum actually get. The doctor recommended 2 hours of deep sleep (25% of the night) of an 8-hour rest just sounds so far from what I'm able to achieve right now, so I wanted to get a gauge of what people are actually getting.

If any of you have a sleep tracker or SleepHQ, providing a screenshot of what 2+ hours of deep sleep even looks like would be greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How much deep sleep do you actually get?
Smart watches are not very accurate. Watch some YouTube videos of “The Quantified Scientist” and see how the best of the best are at most 70%-80% accurate when judging sleep stages. 

For how much deep sleep is needed, read the following:

Begin here: https://www.sleepfoundation.org/sleep-hygiene/how-to-determine-poor-quality-sleep

Then here: https://www.sleepfoundation.org/stages-o...deep-sleep

And then realise we are all different. Our sleep stages change with age.
Post Reply Post Reply
I track mine nightly and it is 40 to 60 minutes a night. The most I have gotten in last year is 59 min
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Less than an hour, probably averages around 40 minutes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep study- Very high AHI with Central Sleep Apnea and multiple hours of CSR. Help. JoshO71 2 206 08-27-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: JoshO71
  Sleep position affecting sleep test AHI/OSA classification Fox66 7 361 06-21-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Fox66
  [CPAP] Help with deep sleep and general data (Lowenstein Prisma) usernameissleepy2396 4 404 06-05-2024, 02:55 PM
Last Post: usernameissleepy2396
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 8 900 05-21-2024, 03:06 PM
Last Post: HenryECole81
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 5 526 04-30-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 544 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 469 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.