Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help - Reading Oscar Graphs
Help - Reading Oscar Graphs
Hello All.
1 week in with the CPAP, and trying to realize if something is wrong with the cpap/mask.

The sleep study indicates a Total AHI of 26 (30 Sleeping on my back, 17 on the side). While sleeping on the side with the CPAP Resmed 10, Nasal Mask, Mouth Tapping, nose strips and nasal spray average is 6, but I'm still tired. I Wake up sometimes in the middle of the night and notice that the AHI is pretty low, but in the morning it creeps up. I get pretty dry eyes, but I believe I had them previously, gonna try a sleep mask.
Can someone help me check the graphs of Oscar?

Thank you in advance

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help - Reading Oscar Graphs
It takes a lot more than a week to get settled in to CPAP therapy. Try raising EPR from 2 to 3 for a few nights to see if it makes you more comfortable.

Also, which ResMed 10 do you have, the AirSense 10 or the AirCurve 10? Please update your profile to reflect that so that people trying to help you are better informed.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Profile Updated - Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
I believe is not possible to calibrate the EPR, it is just On
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR can be set to Off, Ramp Only or Full Time. It has 3 setting 1, 2 and 3 which corresponds to 1, 2 or 3 cm pressure relief in exhale. Your current setting is EPR on Full Time setting 2.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Found it !
In the meanwhile, read that it could be the cause for Clear Airway Events, so gonna try to lower it first, since I do nnot have problems sleeping with the mask.
Is the ERP equivalent to the General Menu - Pressure Relief?
Thank you and Congratulations on maintaining this really helpful forum.
Post Reply Post Reply
Turning EPR off or using a lower setting (1) is a common response to reduce CA. Lower EPR means less carbon dioxide is vented from your lungs. Higher CO2 (hypercapnea) stimulates breathing, while lower CO2 (hypocapnea) can suppress it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-29-2023, 12:25 PM)MikeR20 Wrote: Found it !
In the meanwhile, read that it could be the cause for Clear Airway Events, so gonna try to lower it first, since I do nnot have problems sleeping with the mask.

Sorry, but I can't understand what you're saying. We are telling you to raise the EPR to 3 but instead you're going to lower it? Is that what you're saying?

We are well aware that raising EPR can raise your clear airway index (CA index). But yours appears to be low so it's likely not a concern for you. But we won't know until you post your recent charts with EPR set to 3. Like, set EPR to 3, sleep tonight, then post your charts tomorrow. Indeed, if setting EPR to 3 makes your CA rise too much, then BPAP will raise it even higher since the purpose of BPAP is that it allows you to effectively raise EPR above 3.

Quote:Is the ERP equivalent to the General Menu - Pressure Relief?

EPR stands for Exhalation Pressure Relief.

Oh, and you probably don't need to use the ramp feature anymore.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
hey Sleepster, either you misread or I'm misreading, but it looks like his CA index is elevated, at least more so than his OA index, so adjusting EPR downwards might be more reasonable?

Also, to the question regarding 'pressure support': yes, pressure support in the general menu is the option where you can turn the EPR-level you set in the clinical menu on or off.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jwest, the user's chart and summary statistics all suggest AHI greater than 6, that mainly consists of central events. However there are only 6-days of data, so this early in therapy it's not necessarily a problem. I am suggesting that results might improve with a lower EPR setting of 1 or off. Based on what I'm seeing in his charts, I would suggest reducing minimum pressure to 6.0, maximum 10.0 and turn off EPR, or set EPR to 1

"Pressure Support" is not an option on a Resmed CPAP (Autoset), however EPR works nearly identically to pressure support in a bilevel. MikeR20 has used settings of 8-12 with EPR full-time at 2. In bilevel terms, that is the same as EPAP min 6.0 max pressure 12, PS 2, but I would not want to confuse him, especially with a possible language issue.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for your help
Tried today (during the night) Believe I had a lower AHI, if my math is correct, due to the results being a bit polluted, since I accidentally slept a nap in my back, and registered around 30 events
In the meanwhile, received a different mask ( was dealing with dry eyes)
In the next weak I'll all to the post the result and settings
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software for reading data on sd card Durro 1 153 09-22-2024, 07:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need some help reading and fine tuning therapy Blubarb 13 622 09-15-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: SeePak
  reading data from resmed sd card Rodeo 5 265 09-08-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Understanding graphs and reducing CA's SBHill 7 298 08-16-2024, 10:36 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  No Graphs Showing Up Since July 21 Brennie 15 490 07-27-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: dwlewis
  [CPAP] Been reading and adjusting, ready for advice killoda 4 345 06-26-2024, 11:10 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Treatment] Anyone want to try helping with luna G3 graphs Chrisr 38 2,156 06-21-2024, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Chrisr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.