Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help me fine tune my BIPAP settings, please!
Help me fine tune my BIPAP settings, please!
Hi everyone!
I upgraded my machine from a Resmed S9 to a Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto and I am new in the BIPAP world.
Used it for four days so far only and here are the screenshots.
Could anybody help me fine tune these settings, please?
Thanks a lot in advance!

[url=[Image: dIPLZqsl.png]]

[url=[Image: YOxtKcWl.png]]

[url=[Image: ZKPIZZrl.png]]

[url=[Image: Nc44joRl.png]]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help me fine tune my BIPAP settings, please!
Welcome to the forum.

A few questions first.

Why are you in S mode (fixed pressures)? and not Auto mode?
Why are using a 6 cmw Pressure Support?
Why did you switch to a BiPAP (not a problem, but it could impact your treatment suggestions)
Can you post a typical daily from your S9.

That said your numbers are outstanding.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks good to me!
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks both Bonjour and Walla Walla for replying.
Answering Bonjours questions:
I changed to Bipap because my doctor said I have complex mixed apnea with central events that kept popping up with CPAP no matter what pressure settings I use but he didn´t give me any solutions and my next appointment is in a few months time.
Therefore I decided to buy an Aircurve 10 VAuto and start trying bilevel pressures to see if I coud get rid of these central events.
Started using the S mode because I didn´t know how AutoBipap works exactly or which range use at the beginning. Suggestions?
6cm pressure support was chosen because a wide range can give me more volume tide with less work and get more ventilation.
A typical screenshot with my old S9 woud be as follows:

https://i.imgur.com/2h5835rl.png[/img]][Image: 2h5835rl.png]

https://i.imgur.com/oYFtaaql.png[/img]][Image: oYFtaaql.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Change to Vauto mode EPAP min 6.0, EPAP max 9.0, PS 6.0, IPAP max 15 Not all of those settings will appear, but as long as you set the mode, range and PS you will be fine. This retains your current pressure support but allows EPAP to rise for obstructive events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks a lot Sleeprider .
You are always there to help.
Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider I tried what you suggested in VAuto and here is the result. Should I leave it like this for a few days? Thanks a lot in advance:

https://i.imgur.com/mpUAPNDl.png[/img]][Image: mpUAPNDl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
My suggestion would be to leave it there for a few days, then eveluate.

More than the numbers, which are very good, How do you feel?  This question should have more impact on the changes you make at this stage than the indicated numbers.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks excellent. As Fred says, at this point the numbers are fine, but how you feel is more important.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I dont feel well regardless of whatever machine I use either cpap or Bipap. Its been five months and a half of treatment and many days I wake Up and it is back to square one: very tired, morning headaches, feeling groggy and drowsy, bad memory and the whole nine yards........
Numbers are good in both machines but They dont correspond with feeling better at all. 
Appointments with the doctor are very few and far between and this Forum gives me more help
I guess I will have to stick to my machine and have more patience for the good results to come. Thanks everybody for your support.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking Advice on BiPAP AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings for Upper Airway Resistance Syndro chacha897d 1 32 16 minutes ago
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Bipap Settings Help DreadPirateRawburts 16 554 Yesterday, 02:02 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Data Looks Fine, But Still Very Sleepy dvschwab 2 140 Yesterday, 01:02 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Do these settings make sense on an ASV and is it even worth trying a BiPAP? erouting 6 153 08-28-2024, 08:46 PM
  Help with BiPaP settings steveko23 6 244 08-20-2024, 01:39 PM
  Do I need a BiPAP? phoen1kx 2 271 07-30-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Stop me if you've heard this before. Looking for help updating BiPAP settings Cape67 0 173 07-29-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: Cape67

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.