Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hourly AHI vs total AHI for the whole night
Hourly AHI vs total AHI for the whole night
Some nights my CSA apnea is under control for most of the night (HI 2 to 3) but then for about an hour it goes way up (20).  It usually happens if I get up to pee and then go back to bed about an hour before I get up for the morning.  However, overall the apnea is usually under 5.0 for the whole night.  My doctor does not review the whole night and says that if it is under five it is good.  Here is an example.  

How big of a problem is this?  Also, this only happens once or twice every couple of weeks which means that a sleep test may or may not pick it up.    
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hourly AHI vs total AHI for the whole night
I'm sure someone will be along to help you. But first, could you reshuffle and re-post your chart? Please include all and only these graphs:

Events
Flow rate
Pressure
Leaks
Snores.

Continue to include the side panel; that's helpful. You can move graphs up and down by grabbing them on their labels on the left, and you can fit these five graphs into one screenshot by grabbing the gray bars that separate the graphs and pushing them up a little.

I'm curious: were you diagnosed with central sleep apnea -- is that what you mean by CSA? And what was your central apnea index at the time of your sleep test? (That's the number of central apneas divided by your total sleep time.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried Flex level 2? Philips Flex is a bit harder to ge right than Resmed EPR.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, 

I am not sure how to update my original post to include the chart as you suggested.  I put it here in the reply.  Hopefully someone will see it.

I have not had a sleep study in 10 years.  That study showed only 1 CSA per hour.  My very first study about fifteen years ago showed no CSA.  Ten years ago I lost 100 pounds I took another sleep apnea test then.  Although my sleep study showed that my AHI went way down (I don't remember the original) I still had sleep apnea.  At that time the doctor switched me from a CPAP to an APAP (4 - 20 cmH2).  I have kept the weight off.  

According to my App, the night before (7/27/23) I had an AHI of 1.2 reported total events CSA 2, OSA 2, Hypopneas 4 for 6:16 hours:minutes
For comparison on 7/16 I had an AHI of 9.2 (CSA 33, OSA 15. Hypopnea 16 for 6:56 hours:minutes.

oops.  Here is the attachment

What is the flex level 2?  According to the app on my iPhone I am using AutoCPAP with A Flex.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your machine offers C-Flex and A-Flex in settings off, 1, 2, and 3. You are currently using AFlex at setting 3. I'm suggesting you reduce that to setting 2 in the machine clinical settings. Our wiki discusses how Flex works in Philips machines. https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=A-Flex
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is Total AI on AirSense 10? ejbpesca 1 51 Yesterday, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Total machine use hours? milogurd 1 494 02-03-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  F30 Full Face Mask - total failure?? BobH56 20 4,026 12-05-2023, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rhwoe
  DreamMapper - "Total Disconnects" ? StratCat48 1 649 11-27-2023, 09:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AHI total average vs true AHI graphed hourly average Jessher 9 1,012 10-23-2023, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 1,053 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 1,134 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.