Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Improving sleep
Improving sleep
Good Afternoon folks,

I was diagnosed with severe OSA earlier this year, and now have my CPAP machine. Unfortunately, I am without much help from my medical team and am now turning to you guys. If you can, please review my data and let me know of any changes that may help or what other information may be needed. I currently use the F30 mask and am on APAP mode. I did up my min pressure as they started me at the lowest. Thank you for any information you guys can provide!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Improving sleep
Looking good. I can’t tell if you have EPR 3 but if not I would suggest you change it to 3.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

I suggest that you raise both your pressures a little.  10-20 would match up better with your median pressure and would allow you more room since you are bumping up against the 18 limit quite a bit.

Did you have a lot of CAs in your sleep study?  If not, your CAs are treatment-emergent.  If that is so, they will lessen on their own as time passes, leaving you with lower AHIs.  Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the quick responses. I will make those changes and see how it goes tonight. I've never had a problem with the CA's so I'm hoping they will resolve themselves. The other night I had an ahi of .86. Last night I did use a new pillow, could that have made any differences? Or sleeping position? I usually fall asleep on my back due to injuries. I did adjust my mask quite a bit as well.  I will see how it goes tonight, and post updated graphs in the morning. 

Thanks again, yall are awesome!
Post Reply Post Reply
It sounds like the CAs are definitely treatment-emergent then. That's great!
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
So I went back and took screenshots of the last few days. Why is my AHI raising? and my overall numbers looking worse? I have to be doing something wrong the last couple nights when asleep? I have no idea what I am looking at, other than the pressure rising dramatically the last two nights. Do you guys see anything, or is it just going to take time? 

Thank You!

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like you were congested or otherwise impairing the airflow on the second and third charts. Flow limitations drove up the pressure to a max of 18, whereas on the first chart it went no higher than 12.66. Also, on the second chart the last few minutes are sleep-wake junk, so should not be counted. 

Just a few bad nights. If it continues then things need to be reevaluated, but as a one-off ignore it.

I do see that your flow limitations are a bit higher than we like to see. Something to keep an eye on. If it continues or goes up you may be a good candidate for a bilevel to manage them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome! I appreciate the info and quick response. That makes sense, I was out of my allergy meds for a few days and had bad congestion the last two nights. I will continue to watch and pay attention to the flow limitations. This is all new and overwhelming, but you guys are amazing.

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Improving sleep new chart
Here is a screen shot of last night, seems to be much better and more what I would want. Do you guys see anything concerning or adjustments that I should make? I am still getting used to the mask, but it is feeling much better. Thanks again!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep study- Very high AHI with Central Sleep Apnea and multiple hours of CSR. Help. JoshO71 2 318 08-27-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: JoshO71
  Sleep position affecting sleep test AHI/OSA classification Fox66 7 430 06-21-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Fox66
  Improving CPAP effectiveness flanksinatra 2 247 06-14-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: flanksinatra
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 8 973 05-21-2024, 03:06 PM
Last Post: HenryECole81
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 5 558 04-30-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 513 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 485 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.