Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hybrid Mask and Deviated Septum
Hybrid Mask and Deviated Septum
Has anyone tried a hybrid (F40, F30, F30i) and experienced excess pressure and irritation inside the nose due to a deviated septum?  If so, were you able to find a way to resolve the issue and continue using the mask?  I tried heated hose, more humidity and I use nasal sprays on a regular basis.  My nose breathing is much better since being on CPAP, but sadly it doesn't seem to be good enough for a hybrid/nasal mask.

I really like the smaller design of the hybrid masks and they are easier to sleep on your side with.  I also wanted to give my nose bridge a break a couple times a week.  My ENT advised against hybrid and nasal masks after seeing the irritation/swelling inside my nose.  I'm back using the FFM F20 Air touch and my nose has gotten better, but the mask is bulky and not as comfortable to wear as the smaller designs.  Very frustrating....  I guess I gotta use what works.  Smile

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Difference between nasal mask, and full face mask setting Ynot 6 625 09-04-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Can I use nasal mask with deviated septum? snortle 1 202 08-27-2024, 08:20 AM
Last Post: mark.apnea
  First time user. I purchased an F40 hybrid mask? Joeyk74 6 413 08-02-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Choosing correct mask, Septum questions, Nasal Cycle beetee 19 859 07-17-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Deviated Septum snoozemaster 10 895 05-23-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 17 1,104 05-06-2024, 01:53 PM
Last Post: jake79
  Pillows vs Hybrid surprised at AHI difference Bampf 3 408 05-06-2024, 06:29 AM
Last Post: Bampf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.