Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I got a ResVent 30STA Bilevel
RE: I got a ResVent 30STA Bilevel
MVoltaire, no, I think you'll want to start with an auto mode without timing control to show what is going on with your events and flow rates and such and let your body respond for a while. I was on an APAP machine from the same brand before I switched to this one. Each change was an adjustment and I would have fought the machine if I went straight to this level. It's a lot more of a relationship between user and machine than I realized. Also, I feel like my sleep has adapted as well, and my gut instinct is that it would be better to start with basic settings and slowly acclimate. For example, you might find that with the basic settings that at first you have a pretty high AHI still. But after using for a week or three and relaxing into it, that might improve greatly without major changes. You don't want to assume that the settings are the only reason for the results, It's actually quite complex. Even without factors such as mask and leaks and positional issues, a setting may give you different results when you're acclimating than after a week or two, and a setting that felt invasive a month ago might feel supportive now. So if you jump up to the highest settings right away you will end up over treating yourself, struggling with more mask issues, etc.

I think we want to go with the lowest reasonable support that gives us the results we want. Kind of like with medicine. There are times I need three ibuprofen, but I try to keep it to the very seldom. I wouldn't want to start taking three ibuprofen each time I have a headache when usually I don't need more than 1. Not the best analogy but you get the idea.

Lisa
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! The Prisma 25ST uses a "triphasic" pressure control to smoothen the square wave function and apply a more gentle pressure ramp.
They offer several default "presets", which are already programmed into the machine and ready to use. That might be an option for ST use in the future.
However, but I think I'll start with Auto CPAP first...
Post Reply Post Reply
I think that's good, assuming it has EPR for the auto pap. Otherwise you might start on bi level with basic settings, PS as low as it goes, and limit the upper end of the range to avoid swings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does it have an ASV mode or something to deal with CSA?

I'm partial to Resmed devices, but the tech guy in me makes me curious about this device. Its nice that it gives you so many options in one package. Seems to be working pretty well for you too!
Post Reply Post Reply
It's got a version of AVAPS which can be applied in various modes. See Sarcastic Dave's 3/9 response. It has CPAP, bi-level S, ST, T, and PC modes, most or all of which have the settings for what they call EVAPS, but I haven't tried them because I don't want to do it uninformed or for no reason.

It's worth noting that it doesn't have full FDA approval yet. It's still under emergency use authorization. I've been really happy with build quality, algorithms, etc . But it would be really interesting to have someone familiar with ResMed devices compare how they feel.

I'm not the best test case for the advanced modes, though, I don't have severe apnea, although my father did, and his father did, and I was having oxygen drops down to the mid to low 80s sometimes. I've never had a high AHI and I suspect UARS.

I originally bought the resvent 20A , The Apap from Supplier #40 after monitoring my and my family's oxygen for years using their devices. One of my main criteria was having the 30-day return because I'm very chemically sensitive. I had read that the resVent devices had a very good German foam,. I have not been able to confirm that, But I did read reports of ResMed users experiencing off-gassing especially on the new 11s. The unit I got already had 500 hours on it, because of their return policy presumably, but it had almost no off-gassing and what it had was quick.

Then I got a used Vauto but fragrances made it unusable for me. I cleaned it as well as I possibly could and got a new hose and a new humidifier and even replaced the output valve. I tried it for a couple hours a couple of times and got really bad headaches. But a friend of mine isn't bothered by scent and she needed one badly, so that worked out well. The algorithms felt really good to me and it kept my oxygen up.

My doctor prescribed a Bi-Level based on my Oscar data, and my insurance has too high of a deductible to be worth going through. They wanted to charge me $600 for discontinued Phillips sleep test, so I just went through my primary care doc and bought out of pocket.

I really like being able to fine-tune the feel of my treatment. I've been happy with the device, but that said, I wouldn't recommend it for anyone who's not already quite familiar with the different modes of therapy and what settings to use and what to be cautious about.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW those modes similar to ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A it seems.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This thing reminds me of the Philips trilogy evo, minus many of the vent modes of course. PC mode is a full on ventilator mode I believe. It is missing a few things to qualify it as an actual vent though (ie. battery backup). It would be nice if they get full FDA authorization since it would get some more competition in the market, especially since Philips is out of the sleep therapy game for a while.

I work at Philips and I'm pretty familiar with mechanical ventilation as a whole. Its pretty impressive the capabilities this machine provides at its price point. Similar devices are many times more expensive.
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #40 regularly sends out sales and deals especially in the fall. If I see one I'll try to post it here.

Lisa
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tweaking Bilevel ahuman 25 1,305 09-10-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: ahuman
  Thinking of Taking a Break Until I Can Get Bilevel Idub88 31 995 09-08-2024, 07:33 PM
Last Post: PlayerTwo
  Bilevel self-titration for UARS ChickenTenders 7 404 08-30-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: ChickenTenders
  Trying Bilevel for first time - need help! sleepquality 4 342 08-18-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: sleepquality
Question Hit a dead end with Bilevel. Do I need an ASV? avhenry 10 390 08-17-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  UARs, Aerophagia, and Bilevel Pressure Settings ATeam91 9 578 08-09-2024, 10:54 AM
Last Post: ATeam91
  Likely UARS - Help with initial bilevel settings sleepquality 0 175 08-04-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: sleepquality

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.