Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Thinking of Taking a Break Until I Can Get Bilevel
RE: Thinking of Taking a Break Until I Can Get Bilevel
(09-08-2024, 02:49 PM)SeePak Wrote: How was your sleep how did you feel in the morning how are you feeling later on in the day this is really one of the most important things to know

I feel like crap. I've determined that the CAs were all post arousal so not important. But my fragmented sleep is becoming too much. If the bipap doesn't help, I'll probably give up on pap therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Thinking of Taking a Break Until I Can Get Bilevel
Being on bipap myself, If your settings arent right and your waking up because of the differences in pressure bilevel unless set up right wont let you sleep either.

It happened to me got a home sleep study my apnea events were 99/hr (severe apnea) 

So they put me on 6/25 with pressure support of 4.

Found out this was wayyy too high because I couldnt sleep as soon as I would nod off the mask would blow off my face and wake me up trying to fill me like a balloon. Didnt matter that settings were on auto.

And this is my advice to you the grass might be slightly greener on the other side and might be slightly more comfortable but I have tried cpap after lots and lots of research and videos and weeks of trial and error. (because bilevel has even less helpful videos than any other machine).

Uncle Nikos videos are great about this stuff he even has a pressure video at his channel CPAP Reviews I would suggest looking at.

The first thing you need to be able to do is sleep then work on your AHI levels.

2 main things to do that are your mask being comfortable and not having a leak and your pressure not blowing your face off or blowing you up like a balloon uneededly.

If your mask is fine then its just pressure. 

So what he recommends is starting around 10 with a epr/reslex/whatever of 3. See how your ahi is and most importantly can you sleep first. What that will do is give you a simi bilevel experience and it will let your exhale go at 7-10 will your inhale is at 10 and give you relief on the exhale also reducing the amount of pressure in your mask.

THEN if your able to sleep AND your AHI is under 5 you could even reduce the 10 to as low as 7.
If AHI is over 5 then start notching up your pressure slowly like .5-1.5 a night till you get under 5 again AND can sleep.
Sleep the key. Give it a week or two. If it still sucks go to bilevel (much more comfortable if set up correctly but not needed for most people probably not even me but its easier and im lazy).

Cant hurt to try and know you tried everything than to not try and then get frustrated when the same thing happens to a 1500-2000 machine.

Good night :3
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thinking about switching to Resmed F40 FFM buddy0329 7 235 Yesterday, 02:05 PM
Last Post: buddy0329
  Taking mask off at night mickapoo 3 145 09-12-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: mickapoo
  Tweaking Bilevel ahuman 25 1,301 09-10-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: ahuman
  [CPAP] Taking mask off in sleep nevian 12 484 09-03-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Bilevel self-titration for UARS ChickenTenders 7 402 08-30-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: ChickenTenders
  Trying Bilevel for first time - need help! sleepquality 4 337 08-18-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: sleepquality
Question Hit a dead end with Bilevel. Do I need an ASV? avhenry 10 388 08-17-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.