Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Improvement suggestions
RE: Improvement suggestions
it appears that when i was asleep it was a deeper sleep if that makes sense
Post Reply Post Reply
So you're beginning to get better sleep, it seems. Hope it trends to success.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
It appears that Im doing worse per the numbers but Im feeling a little bit better........ Should I try 19 instead of 18 will that effect the numbers  does that make sense? All three of the suggestions were followed...... They also stopped and started my heart yesterday afternoon would that have a effect on those numbers?

Post Reply Post Reply
Your CA numbers are up. I don't know how your heart stoppage impacts that. Was it drug induced? Don't intend to pry but what happened? We do know there is a link between heart function and central apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
Give what you have been through, lets hold off on any changes and allow the therapy to stabilize. Too often we make changes without allowing enough time to observe their affect. With EPAP min 8.0 and PS 5 you are only seeing a 1-cm variation in pressure. In spite of the higher event rate, they are not well explained by the therapy response, and I would really like to see more time for variables to settle out. The therapy looks good, and you seem to feel better. That is a good start.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[i]Please review the three last days of use. Any way I can improve this.  Thanks for your help[/i]
\
[attachment=19971]        

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The 12th and 13th show signs of chin tucking. Try a soft cervical collar (see the link in my signature) This usually does a great job of fixing that.
Post Reply Post Reply
I cant find a neck brace to fit my short jaw to chest height but 21 inch diameter neck
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd be surprised if a longer collar can't be found online but my store-bought one is 19". 3 things come to mind. the 19" collar velcro strap can lengthened with velcro (velcroed, glued, sewn). see if the snoring wedges come with longer straps (they're said to be cooler & less uncomfortable). bonjour, I think, suggested a towel wrapped around a necktie. I'm going to try that one because my old worn collars are allowing way above normal mouth leaks this last week.

as for chest to chin height, I thought I had to have a shorter height of 2 to 2.5 inches (ties, buttoned shirt collars come right up to my chin) but the regular 3.5 to 4" height is fine. they're soft & compress easily. some have drawstrings to shorten the height.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea Generator Suggestions For CPAP Machine? edenmaker 10 312 10-15-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: FLcracker
Sad No improvement after 5 months, Please HELP Sylka 3 196 10-06-2024, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Sylka
  Therapy Suggestions Keesh23 11 589 09-12-2024, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Keesh23
  Airsense 10 replacement: suggestions? newmar 7 408 09-11-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Suggestions? TinySteve 11 548 09-02-2024, 08:50 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New User - Looking For Suggestions VeryTired 13 524 09-01-2024, 03:50 PM
Last Post: VeryTired
  [Pressure] suggestions for settings Ksquared716 1 183 08-27-2024, 07:49 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.