Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Information About Knightbridge Dual Chin Strap - IMPORTANT
Information About Knightbridge Dual Chin Strap - IMPORTANT
I wanted to put an alert out on an important issue.  As many have probably seen, I posted a month ago or so indicating I got this product and was very happy with the performance.  However, I have had many issues with the 'fit' of the chinstrap as the website measurements/sizing did not seem correct for me.  By the literature, I should've needed an XL in the Air Deluxe.  I received it and struggled with the head circumference fit being loose, therefore causing the top to slip down and go over my eyes often.  That said, I STILL have had leak rates at levels I never saw before so I highly recommend the chin strap. 

The reason I'm posting is I spoke personally to Laurence Shaw, the creator of this product, tonight to discuss the sizing concerns.  He recently made a post concerning his company being taken over by a person named Edwin without consent and indicated a lot of fraudulent activity occurred.  I spoke to Edwin a couple weeks ago to tell him my concern about sizing before I knew any of this fiasco occurred.  Edwin told me he would send me the updated Air Deluxe model in Large to get a better fit.  It was received, however, the elastic straps were stupid short and made it unusable again.  It fit my head circumference better, but not a viable option.

Hence the reason for my discussion with Mr. Shaw tonight.  He personally went over the measurements each strap 'should' be based on the new specs he sent to Guatemala a while back as well as other details about the back strap.  It became obvious what is being sold as the 'new' version is NOT.  Larry confirmed none of his changes were reflected in this version I got even though I was told it was the revised one. 

I would strongly recommend waiting to order any chin straps from the company until Laurence's new website is up and running.  I had no idea when I ordered any of this was happening.  Talk about crap timing on my end.  I debated for a year plus whether I should buy this item and when I go some huge issue like this was happening. lol.  If you have an Air Deluxe size L with blue and white straps measuring 20" and 19" respectively, you've gotten the wrong thing.  Also, the velcro patch on the back was supposed to be widened along with other alterations to address problems with the previous model.  

I just wanted to provide this info to anyone who would benefit.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 11 1,051 10-15-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: LaurenceShaw
  Owner - Knightsbridge Dual Chin Strap cmpman1974 14 431 10-14-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: LaurenceShaw
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 3,003 421,305 10-08-2024, 08:06 AM
Last Post: KSMatthew
  Any one have or had a smart watch to track your sleep information. BangkokBoy 10 1,530 09-26-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: LyndMc
  [Symptoms] Strap causes folliculitis sores fotoguy4u 9 14,388 09-24-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
Gross Back strap causing itchy scalp SuzieQsleep 1 144 09-21-2024, 11:19 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  How Are You Affected by Chin Tucking? BoxcarPete 6 1,260 09-06-2024, 03:47 AM
Last Post: Dodies

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.