Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is My Doctor Taking Me For A Ride?
RE: Is My Doctor Taking Me For A Ride?
Ok so I'm not crazy right? This study literally tells us nothing at all? This study, that would have cost $6,000 without insurance, has zero indications of AHI throughout the night, has no charts at all, and literally lost connection for one of the only hours I was asleep?

Can I request a refund lmao.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did they actually give you the full, detailed report? If this is the full thing, wow. Pretty shoddy service IMO. Just maybe you'll want to plan an exit to another physician like you primary. Ringling Bros. Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine aren't doing much for you.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I requested all available records from the hospitals sleep department via their medical records request portal. It included all documents going back a few years. Unless there's an additional report that's still being processed, I'm led to believe this is it.

Edit: It mentions these are "Encounter Level Documents". Could that mean this isn't everything?
Post Reply Post Reply
Usually a study has a hypnogram which shows sleep stage, position, events, pressure, and other data, so this report fails to make interpretation easy. Page 6 of your report shows the changes as you moved through CPAP and into BiPAP and BiPAP with a respiration backup rate. These assholes don't know how to treat CSA. If you want a device take a look at the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV from CPAPspecials, and compare that to what you will pay in NZ. My guess is, you will get better service from yourself.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The idiots wrote OSA problems on the damn order when I clearly told the doctor my issue is with centrals. I moved my followup with the doctor to Monday morning. I'm going to firmly tell him that I will not be proceeding neither with a BiPAP nor with an additional study for an ASV and that I would like a script for one based on the loads of data we already have. If he doesn't comply, I'll go see my primary and explain the situation to them.

I didn't see any ASV devices available on that website. I'll keep an eye on it though.
Post Reply Post Reply
You're right, they used to have better choices. They only ship internationally and are not a DME so they are not on our Supplier List. Checkout DotMed for Aircurve 10 ASV. Use only sellers with high ratings and sales history.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm seeing a lightly used ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV 1,363 hours $1k, then new with another seller for $1,400, both DotMed
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Doctor won't budge. His exact words are that the insurance company rep doesn't know what they're talking about and that they will not approve an ASV machine without a study. I think he may be lying about the results the study shows too unless there's a better report that nobody but him has access to. 

I'm going to go secondhand. Any advice on how to sanitize the inside of the machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
Internal cleaning should be minimal at most. Don't buy any CPAP product from a smoker's home.

This doctor is blocking your correct therapy answer. Remember this by firing him and going elsewhere.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice request. How do I talk to my doctor? Justlilme 1 130 07-22-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Mask continue to blow after taking it off? hejohoo 5 171 07-19-2024, 02:33 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  10+ CA's and a bad "doctor". Left to fend for myself, should I ASV, ST, or CPAP? Akeyla 27 1,037 07-08-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Taking mask off in sleep nevian 9 260 07-08-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: nevian
  I'm taking off the gloves. Big Guy 4 291 06-24-2024, 04:06 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Desperate for help adjusting my settings before I see my doctor tomorrow goodbenefit 15 533 06-14-2024, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Please help me talk to my doctor cps22 28 1,324 06-09-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: cps22

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.