Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is there a mask that
Is there a mask that
I am struggling to find a mask that works for me. I am a side sleeper (most of the time)

I like the p10 for comfort, but the headgear gets stretched out and it leaks too much, and I mouth breath, and sometime the chin strap I use causes me jaw pain. 

I also use a f&p simplus.  It is more secure and helps with the mouth breathing, plus I rigged up a strap to help keep my mouth closed.  But to keep it tight enough so it doesn't leak it causes jaw pain because the lower part seals between the lip and jaw. 
Also I would prefer a mask that leaves the eyes unobstructed so I can use an eye mask.

Jaw pain from TMJ.

So, I was wondering if there is a mask that that the nasal part like the p10 or Breveida and covers the mouth to go under the chin so it won't pull my jaw so much when tightened.

ps, I tried a cervical collar and it caused me neck pain that lasted several days. 

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is there a mask that
(06-27-2024, 01:54 PM)estgad Wrote: So, I was wondering if there is a mask that ... go under the chin so it won't pull my jaw so much when tightened.

I do not believe such a mask exists. It would be best to try under-the-nose masks with some firm mouth taping.
Post Reply Post Reply
The ResMed F40 is a full face mask with nasal pillows inside. It's pretty new but lots of people really like it. There would be no need for a chin strap, and the eyes are unobstructed. Here's a link to one:

https://www.resmed.com/en-us/sleep-apnea...irfit-f40/
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply. The Breveida is one I am looking at if I try nasal, it looks like it has better head gear than the p10.

Mouth tapping won't work, I have to take occasional deep breaths that require me to mouth breath.  The chin strap helps keep from slack jawed continuous mouth breathing while still allowing those occasional deep breaths.
Post Reply Post Reply
Deborah k.
Thanks for the suggestion.  2 things won't with the F40, the first is magnets, I have been told they could interfere with my icd.
The second is the nose part is cut outs, and when I tried the everia full face (similar design to F40) I just could not consistently get a good nasal flow of air.  I seem to do better with either the full face over the nose, but the best is the cushions that go into the nostral.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a side sleeper and a mouth breather. I have both the ResMed AirFit F20 and F30, but both utilize magnets to secure straps. 

I do though, prefer the F30 over the F20.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have not seen one that has everything that you want, but there are several that are close.  Do a search for the F & P Forma (and Flexifit) full face maks (goes under the chin).  And the InnoMed/Respcare full face mask is a hybrid full face mask with nasal pillow tops.  The Resmed Mirage Liberty was like this also, but it is not manufactured anymore I believe.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Jay, 
It looks like the InnoMed/Respcare are being discontinued too.

The flexifit looks promising.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Difference between nasal mask, and full face mask setting Ynot 6 321 09-04-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 3,382 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 4,079 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 4,811 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,255 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,664 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 5,112 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.