Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wiki: Sleep Diary Article Updates
Wiki: Sleep Diary Article Updates
Hello, all. I wanted to share my recommended updates to the Sleep Diary post on the Wiki. Here's the link to the original page. 

I was always kind of confused by the list because it wasn't organized chronologically, which made journaling more confusing than it needed to be, which then made me journal less or not at all. 

My general issue was, "am I writing about how I feel today, or yesterday?"

Here's my new format for all the daily diary entries. Notice how I separated the entries into yesterday and today, rather than one big mixed list of entries. 

Yesterday:
  1. How did you feel during the day? (mood, drowsiness, etc.). Rate how you felt from 1-5 and the major cause.
  2. Note the start and end times of any daytime naps and exercises
  3. Note the name, dosage and time of any drugs used including medication, sleep aids, caffeine and alcohol
Last Night:
  1. The time and type/heaviness of evening meal
  2. Activities the last hour before bedtime, such as meditation, watching TV, playing PC-games
  3. Stress level before bedtime, often on a scale from 1 to 5 and the major cause
  4. The time the person tried to fall asleep
  5. The time the person thinks sleep onset occurred
  6. Activity during aforementioned two moments (remaining eyes closed, meditating, ...)
  7. The presumed cause, number, time, and length of any nighttime awakenings and activities during these moments
  8. Quality of sleep
  9. Level of comfortableness of any recalled good or bad dreams
This Morning:
  1. The time the person had wanted or intended to wake up
  2. The time the person woke up
  3. Whether the person woke up spontaneously, by an alarm clock, or because of another (specified) disturbance
  4. The time the person got out of bed

I think this format makes more sense because I believe most people are checking their sleep data first thing in the morning. If not, they can organize and rename the list groups however they want. For example, Morning, Today, Tonight, and etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wiki: Sleep Diary Article Updates
Thanks for taking the time to write things up. Send a PM to SuperSleeper and ask about becoming an editor. All help is appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply
Sure  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Himm,  Thanks

your active participation will help all of us.  

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HELP: Sudden drastic worsening of Sleep Apnea - Can't sleep at all, CPAP completely u Unkikonki 10 464 10-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Sleep study- Very high AHI with Central Sleep Apnea and multiple hours of CSR. Help. JoshO71 2 356 08-27-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: JoshO71
  Sleep position affecting sleep test AHI/OSA classification Fox66 7 449 06-21-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Fox66
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 8 999 05-21-2024, 03:06 PM
Last Post: HenryECole81
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 5 576 04-30-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 520 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 502 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.