Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for some advice
Smile 
Looking for some advice
Hi all, 

About 2 years I got diagnosed with sleep apnea (~10 AHI). At first I started with a positional trainer but the results were lacking. Since August I am making use of a CPAP (constant pressure of 5) but I find the results still lacking. I feel like throughout the day I have less energy dips but my blood pressure is still high, I suffer from a lot of brain fog and overall energy is still quite low.

Figured I would give this forum a try. I have read all the instructions on how to display the graphs in a proper way but I may have missed a thing or two. Please let me know if more information is needed. I attached the past three days. 

Thanks a lot!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for some advice
Hi Neil,

Your numbers look good, but your pressure seems pretty low. 5 is below the recommended threshold for adults. I also noticed that you are on CPAP mode vs APAP, any reason why you have it set up that way?

My guess is that you could probably use some more pressure, as I can't imagine 5 is very therapeutic for an adult, despite your good numbers.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2024, 02:30 PM)REMChaser Wrote: Hi Neil,

Your numbers look good, but your pressure seems pretty low. 5 is below the recommended threshold for adults. I also noticed that you are on CPAP mode vs APAP, any reason why you have it set up that way?

My guess is that you could probably use some more pressure, as I can't imagine 5 is very therapeutic for an adult, despite your good numbers.

It was setup like that by my doctor. He measured my neck circumference and concluded that 5 should be sufficient. Not sure why the CPAP vs APAP decision to be honest.
Post Reply Post Reply
Neck circumference to determine pressure? That is a new one to me. It would be interesting to hear the explanation of what he is thinking.

Your description of how you feel leads me to think your pressure is too low. You have a bit of flow limitations going on as seen in the left hand table and also in the inverted inhale/exhale ratio. A bit more pressure should help with both.

I suggest giving this a go to see where it lands.

Mode APAP
Min pressure 7
Max pressure 12
EPR 2 full-time
No ramp

That should clear up the flow limitations, but it may cause other issues. Give it a go for a few nights and let’s see where it lands. We can adjust further from there.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2024, 07:51 PM)PeaceLoveAndPizza Wrote: Neck circumference to determine pressure? That is a new one to me. It would be interesting to hear the explanation of what he is thinking.

Your description of how you feel leads me to think your pressure is too low. You have a bit of flow limitations going on as seen in the left hand table and also in the inverted inhale/exhale ratio. A bit more pressure should help with both.

I suggest giving this a go to see where it lands.

Mode APAP
Min pressure 7
Max pressure 12
EPR 2 full-time
No ramp

That should clear up the flow limitations, but it may cause other issues. Give it a go for a few nights and let’s see where it lands. We can adjust further from there.

Thank you! Will give it a shot and report back Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just looking for some advice bambam1096 2 24 6 minutes ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  CA events - Advice lukewpc 5 342 09-30-2024, 04:27 PM
Last Post: lukewpc
  oscar advice deepsouthmike 4 235 09-14-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: deepsouthmike
  Need Advice -- Having A Lot of Issues npolite 3 305 09-13-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: npolite
  Looking for advice for my settings Vyce 3 284 09-01-2024, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Seriously Need Mask Advice: Please Help LuminousOne 7 433 08-13-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 3,703 06-11-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.