Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New and making sense of results
New and making sense of results

Hello!
I am brand new to CPAP (a week) and I think my results are good, based on the little info I have absorbed?
I am attaching my amazingly bad home sleep study results from last fall, and my OSCAR data from last night (which I hope I have arranged correctly).
I am astounded how good I feel, which means I didn't know how bad I was feeling before.

I would welcome your comments!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New and making sense of results
Is your current pressure setting what your doctor prescribed?
Paula

"If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now."
Post Reply Post Reply
I would suggest 2 changes - both with your EPR. 

Change EPR to Full Time
EPR 3

That will help your flow limits and your sleep.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
The sleep study doctor prescribed 8. I'm getting there slowly!

Thank you, Stacey. My sleep is great now compared to what it was Smile  And I have COPD - would that affect my ability to handle a higher EPR? Thanks for your comments.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

I'm delighted that you feel so much better so quickly!  Smile  

To get a better idea of what pressure you need I suggest that you change the mode on your machine to Apap instead of Cpap, then set a pressure range of 7-14.  This will allow the machine a range of pressure, as your breathing needs can change during the night.  Try that, post Oscar again, and tell us how you feel.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2024, 12:11 PM)Deborah K. Wrote: Welcome

I'm delighted that you feel so much better so quickly!  Smile  

To get a better idea of what pressure you need I suggest that you change the mode on your machine to Apap instead of Cpap, then set a pressure range of 7-14.  This will allow the machine a range of pressure, as your breathing needs can change during the night.  Try that, post Oscar again, and tell us how you feel.

I didn't know I could change it to an APAP - I will look at doing that and see what I see. It sure it worth a try! Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
All RPR (exhale pressure relief) only lessens the exhale pressure, it does NOT raise anything.  But it helps the flow limits which are apnea.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2024, 12:47 PM)staceyburke Wrote: All RPR (exhale pressure relief) only lessens the exhale pressure, it does NOT raise anything.  But it helps the flow limits which are apnea.

Thank you, I appreciate your comment, but I have no idea what you are talking about, other than I know flow limits are like...baby apneas.
Post Reply Post Reply
That was EPR exhale pressure relief.  As the name says your exhale pressure is made less when using EPR. so if your pressure is 7.5 your exhale pressure would be 4.5 (7.6-3=4.5)

It is used for 2 reasons. 1st it is easier to breathe out  and it stops or lessens flow limits. 

Flow limits stop people from getting into deep sleep or can wake you up. So by setting the EPR to full time and setting EPR to 3 will help you sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2024, 02:05 PM)staceyburke Wrote: That was EPR exhale pressure relief.  As the name says your exhale pressure is made less when using EPR. so if your pressure is 7.5 your exhale pressure would be 4.5 (7.6-3=4.5)

It is used for 2 reasons. 1st it is easier to breathe out  and it stops or lessens flow limits. 

Flow limits stop people from getting into deep sleep or can wake you up. So by setting the EPR to full time and setting EPR to 3 will help you sleep.

I will try it, thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alarming results on oscar Lucy84 13 581 10-01-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help analyzing results. Low AHI but still sleepy boromt 14 564 09-28-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Help with Sleep Study Results cjk422 8 320 09-25-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: cjk422
  Understanding sleep study results Moemah123 11 443 09-18-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR Results Help Napnea4 4 219 09-07-2024, 10:56 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Treatment] Making my own settings Lady Knitsalot 19 760 09-06-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Lady Knitsalot
Question [CPAP] Oscar results - How can I improve on this further? nomosnow 4 292 09-05-2024, 09:48 AM
Last Post: nomosnow

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.