Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Input after two weeks
Input after two weeks
I had a sleep study with an AHI of ~84. They did a CPAP titration during the sleep study, starting at 5 mm H2O. I didn't really have any apneas during the titration (AHI < 1), even starting at 5 mm H2O, and they titrated up to 8 mm H2O before time ran out. They prescribed APAP 5-8mm H2O, and I've been using an Airsense 10 for the last two weeks, with what feels like good results. I felt like I couldn't get enough air when the pressure started out low, so I increased the minimum pressure to 7 which solved the problem. Now my range is 7-8 (very small) with EPR of 1 (what my machine started with).

I've attached an OSCAR screenshot from last night, which is pretty typical for me. I'd love any feedback, and have two specific questions:

1. My AHI is consistently <1, but I noticed I do have some flow limitation consistently and my machine seems to like to stay up at 8. Should I consider increasing my maximum pressure even though my AHI <5?
2. I started out with a P10 mask, which I liked a lot -- it was comfortable, small and barely leaked. However, I started getting irritation in my nostrils, including a small sore in one of them so I temporarily switched to an N20 and have been using lanolin. The N20 seems to leak more, and I don't like it as much, but my nostrils are feeling better. Is the amount of leakage problematic? Should I try to switch back to the P10 or try something like an N30?

Thanks so much for all your wisdom and insight -- I've learned so much from reading this board and the wiki.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Input after two weeks
Hi TacoCat, with those flow limits I would raise your min pressure up to 7.6cm, slight pressure increase but you're getting close to just running in cpap mode once they're both the same anyways.. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Input after two weeks
I suggest that you raise your pressure limits. I suggest 8 - 13. Try that, then let us know how you feel.

Also, are you using EPR? If not, I suggest that you turn it on and set it to level 3. That would also help you with treatment and comfort.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First three weeks daBee 25 2,104 06-22-2024, 02:33 PM
Last Post: daBee
  Already at my wits end after 1.5 weeks… mainly chipmunk cheeks Slicedbread145 9 291 06-19-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Slicedbread145
  [Treatment] New here and would like input Fgav2402 3 172 06-16-2024, 06:06 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Can anyone with Airfit P10 Give input Alfons 8 448 05-14-2024, 08:06 AM
Last Post: AshSF
  newly diagnosed, 3 weeks cpap. Help! Al y gath 4 239 05-14-2024, 07:34 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [CPAP] First couple of weeks treatment and first post including OSCAR Charts MrSleep86 2 287 05-01-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: MrSleep86
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 12 899 04-16-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.