Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment
Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment
Does anyone know if your provider charges for masks that you try and don't use?  I tried one for a week and took it back to return and they said keep it.  However, when I ask for something else, the rep gave me a BS story about my issue and pretty said I am stuck with what I have.  So, my other question is, are they only allowed to charge for one mask try in a given amount of time?  I thought they would be more about trying to find something to help with my issue.  Was I ever wrong.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment
I believe when you’re starting out they can give you another mask. I asked that very question of the DME last week. You can’t return it, because it’s medical equipment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Usually within the first 30 days Most DME suppliers have a reasonable "try a different mask" policy. After that. you are on your own. Because of the difficulties I have had, my Sleep Center has given me three or four different 30 day try a different mask. However I suspect I have an exceptional staff at the Sleep Center, they have agreed to allow a DME to occupy the store front next to the clinic, but they have a Sleep Center employee embedded the DME store for their own clients. Most people do not have that relationship with their DME.

I have been through two different sleep doctors and three different DME suppliers to get here. Do not be afraid to look around.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am considering looking for another provider.  My concern, I got my machine in May 2022 and if I change providers will they cover the machine if it needs repairs?
Post Reply Post Reply
That ResMed is a good machine , the DME supplier does not provide warranty, ResMed's warranty is 2 years on your AirCurve 10 VAuto. https://www.resmed.com/en-us/product-war...formation/
Post Reply Post Reply
Good, so in May my warranty period is over.  If anything would happen, Medicare would just replace it?
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure about that, I have never known anybody in that situation. I know if you need a machine with different capabilities they will cover the cost.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks much for all of your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can check your hours here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loe5BHzR4vI

They "normally" get about 20,000 hours, ~ 10 years before they really start to degrade,  but YMMV.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I saw where to check that.  Mine is approaching 5000 hours.  Seems high for the time I have had it, but I did not do the math.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weight loss prescriptions for sleep apnea?? Lanners 2 131 07-02-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Narcil
Question [Treatment] Seeking advice on treating sleep apnea LG18 9 285 06-23-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: LG18
  Where can i buy my own sleep apnea device? dboom 6 278 06-23-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Sleep position affecting sleep test AHI/OSA classification Fox66 7 194 06-21-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Fox66
  Sleep Apnea detection BreatheRight 1 159 06-19-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: BobinHI
  [Diagnosis] UARS & sleep apnea? Pls help analyze OSCAR data dashby 2 214 06-15-2024, 10:40 AM
Last Post: dashby
  [Equipment] realistic equipment durability... jojo314519 7 303 06-12-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: jojo314519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.