Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

jlsmithseven - Therapy help requested.
RE: jlsmithseven - Therapy help requested.
Sorry then mate. I’ve made multiple recommendations, but you cannot do any of them. Nothing else I can do here.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I did the 9cm pressure with NO RAMP and it worked great! I actually like the 9cm pressure starting instead of 8cm and the peace of mind that it's not going to increase when I wake up in the middle of the night is a great bonus. Here are the charts as requested. I only wore my mask for 5 hours because something weird happened at 2am this morning and I couldn't fall back asleep with it on. I posted that strange stuff at the end but I can see why it woke me up. Not sure what happened.

This is the end of night:
[Image: End-of-Night.md.png]

This is flat flow rate zoom:
[Image: Flat-Flow-Rate.md.png]

This is spikes:
[Image: Flow-Limits.md.png]

This is full night chart:
[Image: Full-Night.md.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Nothing abnormal going on there. Ignore the last few events, they are sleep-wake junk.

The pressure looks good, the arousals could be from position changes or just shifting around. In general much better than some of your previous charts.

Keep it there for another week and post a chart. I think slowly bumping up the pressure a bit, maybe by 0.2 cmH2O every few nights, would lead to fewer arousals. This is the fine-tuning phase, so you are trying to do some micro-adjustments to smooth some things out. Not absolutely necessary, but it would be the next step if you want to do so.
Post Reply Post Reply
I actually used a sleepwatch app on my phone a few nights and it records sounds when I move I hear the hose. It’s repositioning. It’s actually happening a lot during the night like small movements. Almost every night around 12am too something happens. But recently every morning 2-3am I wake up, can’t stop thinking about work and can’t fall back asleep.

Thank you so much for your help. It was nice to finally get a decent night I do feel ok today even though I slept 4 hours more without the cpap.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some have reported taking 400mg of Magnesium a few hours before bed has helped with reducing movement whilst asleep. Worth reading about to see if it is something you would want to try.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is my most recent night last night. Slept 7:45 hours and only woke up once. It looks pretty spiky though. You agree that I need a little higher pressure but I should just increment it up a little at a time?

[Image: screenshot-20240624-045211.md.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Leave it as is for now. Let's check again in a few days.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been getting moderately better sleep, thank you. I think the peace of mind with the no ramp off is helping a lot because when I wake up in the night sometimes it ramps my pressure too soon.

I still believe my REM sleep is very disrupted and I might not be getting enough pressure there. Otherwise this pressure has been working fairly well I think. My main problem now is just staying asleep during that last REM stage instead of waking. My charts look very similar every night and I’m ok waiting a bit longer.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 10 712 04-27-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
Question [CPAP] My Therapy tapperino 2 256 04-06-2024, 03:44 PM
Last Post: tapperino
  Therapy Help! greenpj22 25 1,420 02-12-2024, 10:53 AM
Last Post: greenpj22
  Advise requested: Should I LOWER my pressure? Aknakon 21 1,441 12-22-2023, 08:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Therapy Help SueB 3 563 11-16-2023, 08:58 PM
Last Post: LazyBones
  F&P Evora Full - Feedback Requested Columbiabill 10 1,241 10-04-2023, 12:36 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Treatment] Help with therapy KPink 15 1,123 07-25-2023, 02:06 PM
Last Post: KPink

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.