Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

jlsmithseven - Therapy help requested.
RE: Need chart help
I read somewhere today that if you wake up 3-4 am it’s because of a sugar crash. My fruit snacks and grapes right before bed probably aren’t helping that…so I’ll stop.

Anyways I love my falling asleep pressure with ramp. 8 ipap and 5 epap. I ran 2 epr before with mild success but last night I wore a chin strap. I’ve tried them before but I can almost swear it help. I think once I get into the high 9 range my mouth opens ever so slightly. I’m going to continue my settings where they’re at try not to eat sugar and wear the chin strap. I’ll report back in a week or maybe sooner. Thanks for all the help it means a lot
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need chart help
So do they make a 19mm hose for the 11? I don’t think they have a heated one I’ve been told companies are phasing them out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Waking up at 2-3am every morning, unable to fall back asleep
Hi
I've been having moderate success with CPAP for a few years now and most recently *past 3 weeks. Every single night I wake up at 2 or 3 am approximately and am unable to fall back asleep. I usually wake up either midnight to 3am one time to use the restroom but then can fall back asleep fairly quickly. But now, I cannot. I'm not sure what changed. I am not drinking more caffeine (actually drinking less) and my sleep hygiene has improved. I would say the only thing that did change is my sleep hygiene winding down at night. Before I would use electronics / eat before sleep, but now I read a book and don't eat...and I am able to fall asleep WAYYY faster and stay asleep, until that 2-3am mark. It's really frustrating and I'm not sure what to do.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Waking up at 2-3am every morning, unable to fall back asleep
jlsmithseven,

I have merged the most recent thread you started with a prior thread as you are asking for advice on the same subject.
I also changed the title of your thread.
Please, going forward, let's use this thread for your therapy questions and chart postings.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: jlsmithseven - Therapy help requested.
Could my recent higher pressure changes to Pmin be causing this change?
Post Reply Post Reply
Please post some charts. I am not sure what your current settings are and would need to see some data.
Post Reply Post Reply
3 recent nights:
(the reason for the gaps in the first few are because thats when I woke up, then eventually i went back to sleep again, like an hour or so later. But this was the weekend, so I can't do that on a workday)

[Image: 1.png]
[Image: 2.png]
[Image: 3.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
This thread got buried pretty fast, but were you able to decern anything?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are open to it, let’s try an experiment. I would like to see how you do with a fixed pressure with EPR. 

Mode CPAP
Pressure 9
EPR 3 full-time
No ramp

Once you have a chart find an area that with a relatively flat flow rate a hour or more after falling asleep and do a 2-3 minute zoom. Then find an area with some spikes and do the same. Also post the entire nights chart.

What I want to see is how badly flow limited the breaths are with fixed pressure. It may be a trade-off is needed between living with a bit of flow limitations and spikes. Depending on how it looks some quality sleep may be worth it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m kind of afraid to do this because I know I need somewhere near a 10cm pressure and I never had any success using no ramp or a timed ramp.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 10 762 04-27-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
Question [CPAP] My Therapy tapperino 2 290 04-06-2024, 03:44 PM
Last Post: tapperino
  Therapy Help! greenpj22 25 1,475 02-12-2024, 10:53 AM
Last Post: greenpj22
  Advise requested: Should I LOWER my pressure? Aknakon 21 1,479 12-22-2023, 08:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Therapy Help SueB 3 594 11-16-2023, 08:58 PM
Last Post: LazyBones
  F&P Evora Full - Feedback Requested Columbiabill 10 1,280 10-04-2023, 12:36 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Treatment] Help with therapy KPink 15 1,155 07-25-2023, 02:06 PM
Last Post: KPink

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.