Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Apparent worsening of symptoms during minor illness
Apparent worsening of symptoms during minor illness
Recently, I've been recovering from some kind of minor illness.  My doctor suggests that it's just some minor viral illness with nothing to do about it but wait out the symptoms; tested negative for flu.

Symptoms have mostly included mild fever, body aches, and exhaustion.  I had been taking lots of rest on the couch and finally returned to work today.

I noticed that congestion seemed to be conspicuously missing as a symptom, so I was rather surprised when I examined my CPAP data and found that my flow limitations were much more severe and frequent during the course of my illness, including last night, when I rested up before returning to work.

I am hoping to learn something about my sleep apnea from this.

Can anyone suggest to me *why* a minor illness with no apparent congestion appears to be worsening my flow limitations?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HELP: Sudden drastic worsening of Sleep Apnea - Can't sleep at all, CPAP completely u Unkikonki 10 530 10-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Epilepsy drug could reduce sleep apnoea symptoms? terumi 0 182 09-10-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: terumi
  [CPAP] Trouble with central apneas and weird symptoms Kevin Scholz 12 654 08-24-2024, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Flow limitations and minor breathing changes kevinonasv 11 712 08-02-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: SkySleep
  [Symptoms] Asthma like symptoms when using the mask Xavier315 6 330 07-29-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Xavier315
  Sleep Data Much Improved, but Symptoms Unchanged SunMesa 3 292 07-28-2024, 03:42 PM
Last Post: SunMesa
Question [Health] New BIPAP user, odd symptoms MsNewToThis 4 380 07-02-2024, 01:33 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.