Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Neck, face pain relef/exercises
Neck, face pain relef/exercises
For about 1.5 years I used the Resmed N20 nose pillow and things were okay, but about 4 months ago I started breathing through my mouth, snoring, slobbering etc. so the doctor said I'd have to switch over to a full face mask. I tried the F20 but it irritated my face and bridge of my nose, tried the memory foam one and it was so rigid my face hurt, so a few weeks ago I tried the F30 which is a bit smaller in size than those two and it seemed okay, I had some leak issues and had to adjust it pretty tight but it dawned on me that my bed pillow was not supportive anymore, I tend to sleep on my side mostly and the mask would smush into the pillow causing it to leak, so I got a flat, firm Sleep Number pillow and have the mask adjusted where it isn't super tight, the leakage is low, the other night it was even 0.0, but I seemed to have developed some pain in the forehead and back of the neck and at times around the mouth area, very painful feelings that at times go into my shoulders and upper back, and I at times seem to be tongue thrusting, pushing my tongue towards the front of my mouth, don't know if I did this before but notice it now. I know getting used to the new firm pillow has something to do with it, but it also could be caused by other things I am doing, and it will take time to "relax" everything, but does anyone know of any exercises or stretches to get rid of this pain? I do like this F30 mask and think it is the best one for me, but I'd like to get rid of this pain.

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Health] Breathing Exercises Better Sleep or not? seepapnyc 0 98 09-11-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: seepapnyc
  [Equipment] Air Fit F20 Face Mask - Condensation Issue from Breath xirokx 21 536 08-25-2024, 08:50 AM
Last Post: xirokx
  Considering full face mask until I can fix my nasal breathing Ptee8899 11 605 08-25-2024, 08:13 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Full face mask and spare cushion recommendation faine 2 257 08-25-2024, 01:33 AM
Last Post: faine
  P10 Nasal Pillows to F40 Airfit Full Face Mask Settings? stevesleep 3 253 08-23-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Full Face Mask Leaks berkshire17 15 2,762 08-20-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: gymrat
  [Equipment] Mask recommendation for a sensitive side-sleeper who might have an unusual face shape PersonInNY 14 1,229 08-14-2024, 02:47 PM
Last Post: PersonInNY

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.