Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Central Sleep Apnea without study
Central Sleep Apnea without study
Hello, I have suspected that I have sleep apnea for several months now, but have yet to have a sleep study. My sleep doctor is very backed up and I likely won't get a study for several months.

Due to extreme mental health issues that I can't seem to solve, I bought a 3rd party CPAP without a prescription. I know this is probably a bad idea, but I am getting desperate to find a solution to my depression and anxiety. The CPAP I bought is a reamed airsense 11 with a nasal mask. 

I used it last night and this morning found that I had 9 events per hour. What has me concerned is that the airsense is showing only central sleep apnea, with no obstructive sleep apnea. I've read that central sleep apnea is not treated with a CPAP. Any advice would be appreciated.

Here are the results from night 1:
Pressure 7.6
Leak 4L/M
Ahi 9.1
Total ai 8.2
Obstructive ai 0.0
Central ai 8.2
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Central Sleep Apnea without study
Welcome to the board. Centrals are when you just do not breath - there is no obstruction to stop air flow. We all have a few centrals like when you hold your breath when you turn over in bed but 9 an hour is more than that. We base what we suggest using data and the data we all use is oscar. oscar is a completely free down load from the top of the page. You do need a SD card in the machine while you sleep. These are not expensive, get the cheapest one you can find at walmart or amazon (2 to 32 GB). Then post the charts here and we will see if anyone can help or suggest anything that will help.

There are charts from oscar that we need to see and some we don't. A list of the charts we need to see is listed in my signature.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is my OSCAR data. I'm new to this so not sure what to make of it. 

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You are showing mainly CA events and some moderate flow limits. In order to stablize your pressure I would like you to set a slightly higher minimum pressure of 6.0 and turn on EPR full-time at setting 1. Maximum pressure can be reduced to 8.0. Settings on the Airsense 11 Autoset can be access using this tutorial https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I have made these settings adjustments and will try it out again tonight. Thank you so much for the help!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Understanding sleep study results Moemah123 11 225 2 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Health] redoing my sleep study: weight loss, medication, etc. and insurance? human 1 100 09-15-2024, 05:37 PM
Last Post: human
  help with sleep study deciding on a new machine georgesadam 8 166 09-14-2024, 04:56 AM
Last Post: williamwu1107
  Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV: Central Apnea Not Relieved RVSleeper 50 1,957 09-13-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: RVSleeper
Question [CPAP] My Sleep Apnea is Worse than Yours... plz Help!! memoryNada786 8 563 09-13-2024, 11:53 AM
Last Post: memoryNada786
  LAB sleep study help - feeling hopeless and lost georgesadam 5 189 09-13-2024, 03:19 AM
Last Post: georgesadam
  can I test for sleep apnea by setting a very low pressure? joelin02 12 509 09-11-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: PersonInNY

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.