Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help With Oscar Data
Help With Oscar Data
Hi! New to the OSCAR software, just realized that my machine had a memory card in it and has been recording data. Anyway I have been using my machine regularly and have been feeling awful in the morning lately and wondering if anything in my data stands out to anyone more familiar with how to read the data. Any insight would be much appreciated! TY in advance!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help With Oscar Data
Looks like your pressure needs changing, but that's not in my skill set. I'm sure someone will be along soon.
Would you mind looking at your mask or packaging and writing the exact style in your avatar info? And you are likely using a humidifier, yes? You fill a water tank?
The avatar info is helpful because posters see it at a glance wherever you post. It saves a lot of time, and will give you more precise answers. For instance, some users are likely to have a lot of personal experience with your mask. This will almost certainly be helpful to you if you have mask issues (as most everyone does).
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok thanks for the advice, went and filled that info in (built in humidifier and the mask is full face Resmed F20)
Post Reply Post Reply
I would start by setting your minimum pressure to 7cm and keep your EPR at 3 and see if you feel any better.  After a few days post some more charts.
I am not an expert...just a long time user.

OSCAR - The Guide
Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
Positional Apnea

Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with the recommendation of minimum of 7 with EPR at 3. Below 7 you won't get the full advantage of Epr since the machine won't go below 4.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Also, it would help us if you posted your Oscar charts a little differently. You have the right items on your chart, but we need to see to the very bottom of the Flow Limits. Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
    Thanks everyone, going to try the higher minimum tonight. Adding the flow limits here
Post Reply Post Reply
Post the whole chart, per instrux, and not just the flow limits. Everything has to line up on the chart.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Data - Low AHI but still not feeling great, and are these real OA events? Santino 38 1,460 Yesterday, 10:55 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [CPAP] Trying to make sense of my OSCAR data (newbie) aardvarkpineapple 1 124 10-15-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] Self treating: Advice for tuning after first night OSCAR data? citrus1 22 1,087 10-14-2024, 11:39 PM
Last Post: Bkflg
  Help analyzing OSCAR data - CA's? alemon 46 2,588 10-11-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: alemon
  Mcca21 - OSCAR Data Review Mcca21 16 762 10-10-2024, 08:57 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Treatment] Advice with OSCAR Data sploomb 6 423 10-10-2024, 06:49 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New member looking for Oscar data help mttm 19 891 10-09-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: mttm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.