Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor?
How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor?
I have an older Airsense 10 that I am told has an older cell modem that is no longer supported. It has a 2 GB SD card inside. Last time I took the machine into the sleep equipment supply place (DME) and they transferred the data to the sleep RN.
This time I forgot I needed to have an appt there and had unrelated surgery scheduled. So I took out the SD card, read it in PC USB reader, and transferred the files to my PC then transferred those files.

I sent to sleep RN and assistant
Can you ask some IT person? There is about 1 GB in the folder link. It might take sometime to download.
 I clicked on the links and got two folders with lots of data inside , DATALOG and SETTINGS.
also identification.crc, identification.tgt and STR.edf. You have the entire contents of the memory car from my machine.

I was told by sleep RN that
Sorry to hear you are having trouble getting the download. I was able to download some data(see below) but unfortunately, it is not helpful as I can not determine the AHI or leak information. I am sure this is as frustrating on your end as it is on our side. I agree with xxxx's idea to go through a manager at xxxxDME.

How would I transfer the files? Are their hidden files? Do I have to copy the entire SD card image somehow? I do not know how to do that. I just copied the files individually. Files go back further than one year.

Also, can I read these files with OSCAR?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor?
Welcome to Apnea Board

You can read those files on the SD card within OSCAR.

I'm not sure what will be the best way to get this data to doc.

Easiest would be copies of OSCAR reports, but they'll likely not want that.

I suppose you may need to take a second copy of the SD card in to them. A copy because you probably don't want them to lose or erase your data. In this case, you'll download the data to your computer, then into the second SD. This second SD goes to the doc.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The gold standard for user reports involving ResMed devices is ResMed's ResScan software (windows only) available for free on this site. (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...hines-only)

Most doctors review the summary reports for the past 90 days.

Ask your physician what time period he would like to review and the granularity (summary or detail) he would prefer.

Most DMEs can upload the contents of your SD card, which includes up to a year's summary data and 30 days of detail data, to AirView, ResMed's professional software. This data can be shared by your DME with your physician.

Unfortunately, many doctors and respiratory techs do not give OSCAR (available for multiple platforms) the respect it deserves because it lacks FDA approval and compliance testing. However, it never hurts to ask your doctor if he will accept an OSCAR report.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much.  BTW my CPAP is older with no supported cell service so over a year ago I had to take my machine to a DME.
I downloaded the resmed software then inserted my SD card into the USB reader then uploaded the detailed data.
It seemed that the DME had done that before as I was asked if I wanted to overwrite a summary that was over a year old. I said yes.

It had a serial number for my machine.
I uploaded the data and sent a message to my sleep RN.
She said
"I just checked the online airview site and you are not there which means either your cpap is on the 3G network and is not connecting to the internet or Corner does not have you connected."

So what do I do now? Who do I contact?
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Sarcastic Dave that your best course of action is to take them a copy of your SD card. The RN seems like she may not be the most tech savvy person, so handing her a physical copy should make it fairly foolproof. It doesn't have to be on an SD card; you could copy it to a USB drive just as easily.
Paula

"If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now."
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the reply.

I copied the SD card folders and files to my PC folder then uploaded that to my Gdrive then made that link available. She said that some data could not be seen such as air leakage.
So I seem to have trouble even copying the card for some reason Say I have the card on my USB H drive.
How best to copy it? I copied all the folders on the H drive and that did not work.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all. here is what I sent my Sleep RN just now.

Here is what I have learned. "ResScan" NOT = myAir. Machine is over 10 years old.
My CPAP is older. ResMed AirSense 10  Serial number 23xxxxxxxxx.
No one, not Health Partners, DME, or you guys ever told me about ResMed Rescan or myAir.
DME, perhaps falsely,  told me in 2022 that my machine was too old to be on cell service and they apparently used ResMed Rescan to upload my card data. You guys knew how to read that then but maybe forgot?  DME said my machine was not "set up" for cell service.

On Dec 7, 2023 I installed ResMed ResScan and uploaded SD card to ResMed cloud under user name  XXX XXX serial number 23xxxxxxxxx.One year of data is there. If you need ResScan tech support call 1-800-424-0737 ask for customer care. ResMed said you have a ResMed support team.

On Dec 13, 2023 I created a myAir account, User name xxx xxx DOB yy/yy/yyyy serial no. 23182xxxxxx. I now have one day of data.
Best

[I attached a one year sleep report screenshot]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed Airsense 10 v 11 kmar92 7 303 Today, 01:42 AM
Last Post: LasVegasSteven
  Auroraborealis Sleep Data thread - thoughts on hypoxemia Auroraborealis 10 265 09-11-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  [CPAP] ResMed AirSense 10 makes loud noise when inhaling. sanger 111 160,786 09-11-2024, 09:52 AM
Last Post: tedr
  Upload Data to Doctor with Mac westonjazz 5 2,005 09-10-2024, 12:16 PM
Last Post: weepingwillow
  reading data from resmed sd card Rodeo 5 201 09-08-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] starting to use CPAP without sleep study/data help Fantasieimpromptu 2 160 09-03-2024, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Fantasieimpromptu
  Using an older Remstar machine Robbos 2 177 09-01-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: big_dave

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.