Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone here NOT using a water reservoir?
RE: Anyone here NOT using a water reservoir?
(07-28-2024, 03:05 AM)WallyPepper Wrote: You will only have that choice with the water tank in place, or nothing on the side. If you already installed the side plate, the magnet in it will tell the cpap that those setting are not available. The weird thing is, that Oscar still will report that climate control is on.

Easy way is to remove the plate, go back to the menu athen turn all the climate settings to off, then reinsert the plate.

Honestly I think ResMed has it set up like it is for people that switch back and forth from no water to water to no water, etc., like a lot of travellers do.

Hey WallyPepper,

Your first post in this thread was perfect. I followed your instructions exactly and had no problem with removing the tank and having access to the controls. The question I had when I made my post was I thought the setting I was looking for was "OFF" on Climate Ctrl. I thought maybe it was a difference between a Resmed 10 and 11 or something. 

I'm flying out of the country in a week for vacation and I wanted to test out using the machine without a tank. Honestly, I like it better without the tank. I have all settings to off and the air actually tastes better to me. Weird, but glad to know I don't need to worry about filling that tank anymore.  I live in Vegas, surprised I don't need a bit of humidity. I keep the house on 76 degrees all summer, maybe that has something to do with it.

Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
Anyone else have worse results with the cap versus reservoir? Perhaps it helps that the reservoir controls the airflow more than the cap?
Post Reply Post Reply
I've tried it both ways, and for me, it seems to help having the water reservoir in place.  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Newbie here, 9 days in with the Airsense 11 and P30i pillow mask. I will be traveling soon and was interested in the end cap vs water tank to save space, but it looks to be almost the same size. Can I leave the tank in without water and with Humidity off? Or am I missing something? (I haven't tested it without Humidity yet but will do so shortly to see if I need it or not).
Post Reply Post Reply
I just use the humidifier when traveling. Why not? I assume you will use the CPAP carry case anyway, so I'm unaware of an advantage to leaving the humidifier chamber behind.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't want to deal with getting distilled water for the humidifier if I didn't need to use it.  Can I just plug the tank in empty and turn the humidity setting off?
Post Reply Post Reply
I go back and forth on humidity. Where I live, the average humidity in my house is always 45-50%-ish.  I swear I sleep better on zero humidity/zero heating but then, like an idiot, I turn it back on because I invested pretty heavily in pre-bottled distilled water, which is sitting in my garage.
Post Reply Post Reply
I started out using distilled water, but that got really old really fast. I switched to tap water and all has been good. We have calcium in our water and it can and does leave behind some deposits. 

I use some White Vinegar when needed, only takes a little, and in minutes, the residue is history.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I live in Colorado (dry) and have very dry skin and sinuses.  I must use the humidifier plus the room humidifier which I have used for 30 some years. I would have terrible sinus troubles if I did not. Also, I think that most of us by far do use the humidifier tank with our pap machines.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Caked Residue In CPAP Water Reservoir, Is It Normal? Kamryn 3 207 08-30-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  [CPAP] RedMed10 Water Chamber question Joe Bezz 26 6,333 08-23-2024, 09:29 AM
Last Post: jtardo
  Dream Station 2 Suddenly Using More Water Douglas Racer 5 286 07-07-2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  N20 mask drops of water in mask jake79 20 1,338 06-06-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: jake79
  CSpring Water Tank PAPAstro 9 2,904 06-02-2024, 03:05 PM
Last Post: ashcaveCPCP
  Well water and cleaning wxmcpo 7 472 05-14-2024, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Replacing AirSense reservoir seal/ gaskets- anyone? S.L. Ping Beauty 9 2,107 04-11-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: kalensk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.