Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Auto Pap
New Auto Pap
Hi everyone,

New to the forum and new to CPAP. 

I just purchased an Resmed Airsense 10 AutoSet (A10??).

I am excited. I hope this will mean better sleep.

The one I purchased is a card to cloud. This is perfect for me as I prefer to be off-grid. I was researching ways to read the reports when I came across OSCAR. Effin' excited. (After spinning up as an end-user, may offer some dev hours).

So, I search the forum for the answer , but didn't find it. If I missed, sorry ?...

Since I have an C2C model, how can I update the firmware for the machine using SDCard?

Regards,

Elcaewon
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Auto Pap
Hi elcaewon!  -  Welcome
The only parameters able to be updated are your settings, and that is only by using ResScan for that feature.  Doing so will erase all your data on the card, though.  Firmware updates are not possible.  

Did I understand your post that you are a software coder?  If so, the OSCAR Team is always looking for contributors.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay. If the firmware is not updatable, that's fine. I read somewhere that other models received updates via cell network.

I try to work the conundrum of "give me all the features" but also "give me complete privacy". This means that more often than not I am doing things myself. I am excited for card to cloud on the machine and OSCAR to this end. Any tech tips are appreciated!

While not a C++ guru, yes, I will be happy to help if/where I can. That said, I am new to using a pap, this forum, and OSCAR (will be downloading this weekend). My apap will arrive in the mail early next week. So, need to spin up in general first, learn the jargon, etc before I can meaningfully contribute. Where should I read about bugs/issues?
Post Reply Post Reply
I would suggest that you peruse the links in my signature to get acquainted with OSCAR's operation and features.  The download page (link at the top of every screen, here) has the link for the source code's download.

If you wish to get involved with the project, you will need to send a PM to Gideon.  In your request, please include your experience, any areas of expertise and/or interests.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed has almost never issued an important firmware update OTA. Your device is one of the best auto-CPAP units on the market, if not the outright winner. Download OSCAR and post any therapy questions you may have. We've gotten pretty good at this stuff.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2024, 08:41 PM)elcaewon Wrote: Okay. If the firmware is not updatable, that's fine.

Manufacturers don't like to offer firmware updates, maybe because it's possible to use them to turn a less expensive machine into a more expensive machine.

AFAIK it's rare for manufacturers to make updates available, and even in those cases it's done using a proprietary cable by a DME. Or by OTA as mentioned above. You should be able to find the socket for that cable on your machine, below the SD card slot.

I think it will be hard for you to find cases of known bugs. I don't think manufacturers even mention bug fixes associated with firmware updates. They certainly are secretive when it comes to their algorithms for making automatic pressure adjustments.

What are your experiences so far with your new CPAP machine?
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 1,063 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 813 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 3,590 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger
  auto turn on is off? (oooh, auto turn on...!) hegel 10 2,488 05-23-2020, 12:17 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Dreamstation Auto SV VS Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV auto EPAP RLSdss 3 2,098 12-20-2019, 09:54 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  How to go from Fixed to Auto Pressure - Dreamstation CPAP Auto pumpkin 2 1,430 11-04-2019, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed AirSense 10 [how to turn auto/on auto/off feature off?] IsrvChrist 3 22,584 05-03-2019, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.