Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP user needs help
New CPAP user needs help
As a new CPAP user using the ResMed AirSense 11 with an F40 mask, I tried cleaning my CPAP supplies by soaking them in warm, soapy water. I noticed there is water trapped inside the plastic of the short tube that attaches to the elbow. I'm unable to separate the plastic from the short tube to remove the water. Can I use the CPAP without drying this out? Additionally, I still see water droplets inside both the short tube and the long tubing. Can I still use the CPAP tonight? Please check attached pictures. Thanks for your help.

Image: https://pasteboard.co/QmGPBGhVyC3q.jpg
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New CPAP user needs help
a little water is no real issue, the same can happen when you use the humidifier.

if you want to dry it out go to the machine's menu turn off smartstop and just let the machine blow through the hose for 10-15 mins to dry it out, without the mask attached.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2024, 08:29 PM)Narcil Wrote: a little water is no real issue, the same can happen when you use the humidifier.

if you want to dry it out go to the machine's menu turn off smartstop and just let the machine blow through the hose for 10-15 mins to dry it out, without the mask attached.

I will try that Narcil. I shared a link with a picture of water that accumulated inside the plastic of the short tube. Did you check that? So is it ok to go ahead and use the machine with it? I think the machine will blow through the house and dry out the tubing, but does it also dry out the water accumulated inside the plastic? Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
i did and that's not much at all. what you mean inside the plastic? inside the humidifier? you can turn that off if you have it.

it's so small that i wouldn't worry about it. ppl get condensation all the time.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just hang the entire tube over the shower rod and the combination of gravity, temperature and time eliminates stray water in the tube. What's left is going to mix with the humidifier water.

I use the S11 and I don't have an elbow at all, the hose goes right into the back like on the S10 and S9.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have an F40. I had the same issue. I fixed it. You don’t want to even consider popping the elbow off that little tube. In the morning, I detach the short tube (with elbow attached) from the big ol’ long one. It glides out. Fling the little tube around a bit. All the water droplets will disappear. The little tube will also dry out if you leave it detached all day. I wipe the elbow with my mask wipe whenever I wipe the mask (i.e. every day). Occasionally, clean the little hose in mild soap and water.

The big tube is a bigger issue. It takes forever to dry. I mean, days. I just got a mini hose dryer on Etsy. Haven’t tried it yet.

Since those are warm water drops in the hose and not fresh water, I regard them as potentially hazardous versus the nightly clean humidifier droplets. IMO they’d be as good a breeding ground for cooties as the warmed water in the humidifier if left to sit all day.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2024, 11:34 PM)Rickyricardo Wrote: I use the S11 and I don't have an elbow at all, the hose goes right into the back like on the S10 and S9.

the 11 only has an elbow if you do not use the heated tube.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ignore this as I mucked up quoting and posted two replies.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-22-2024, 04:14 AM)Narcil Wrote: the 11 only has an elbow if you do not use the heated tube.

I have the S11 and I have never used a heated tube ( I do have one) and the tube goes right into the connector on the back of the S11, sans elbow.

Did you mean only if you do use the heated tube?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2024, 02:01 PM)Rickyricardo Wrote: I have the S11 and I have never used a heated tube ( I do have one) and the tube goes right into the connector on the back of the S11, sans elbow.

Did you mean only if you do use the heated tube?

no i meant what i said. i thought non-heated tube had elbows. maybe it's because it's a slimline tube?

mine looks like this:

[Image: 20240726-224831.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What generally are the first pressure settings for a new CPAP user ? Tenley 5 180 5 hours ago
Last Post: Jay51
  [CPAP] New CPAP user looking for optimization advice rococo.orchid 6 207 09-04-2024, 10:40 PM
Last Post: PlayerTwo
  Interpreting OSCAR data (relatively new CPAP user) bolivar98 14 630 09-02-2024, 04:44 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [CPAP] New CPAP user trying to understand what Im doing crentiist 4 172 09-01-2024, 09:02 PM
Last Post: crentiist
  [CPAP] New CPAP user; O2 levels still low auzzied 10 429 08-29-2024, 07:49 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New CPAP User, Struggling to Adapt Sguigs 7 374 08-08-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Sguigs
  New CPAP/APAP user looking for advice and OSCAR data interpretation sanchez 4 341 07-29-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.