Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New VAUTO, strange settings pulmonologist
RE: New VAUTO, strange settings pulmonologist
The first part of the third night with my Vauto was pretty quiet, and I actually managed to sleep well for a while. I slept with an oximeter this night.

I also looked briefly at the insp. time. I think I am running into the limits of 2.0 seconds at least during the second half of the night. This means I need to increase the Insp Time?

Occasionally the breathing seems to go crazy.... What is causing this?

Post Reply Post Reply
Go ahead in try EPAP min 6.0 and increase TiMax to 2.4. If CA continues, we will try trigger very-high, but leave that one until you try the lower EPAP and TiMax.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Night #4 with VAuto:
The higher TiMax provided a more relaxed sleep. I no longer feel like I have to fight the device. Death anxiety in response to the ICD shock two days ago is probably also reduced because of this. I am very happy about this!

Other than that, still pretty many arousals, especially after the toilet break.

Min EPAP is now 6.0, Med EPAP is a little bit higher, 6.16. Does this mean the EPAP can be lowered even further?

I am of course happy to post more screenshots if needed

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I see nothing but improvement and you're free to try a lower EPAP min. You seem to have caught on to this quite well. Keep in mind that the only kind of arousal we can mitigate is respiratory related. Many other causes forms of arousal and sleep stage disruptions exist and lie outside of control of PAP settings.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much for your help Sleeprider. In the situation I am in now, all help is very welcome. To be clear, tonight I will try Min EPAP 5. Should any obstructions occur I will go up in 0.2 increments until they disappear, ok?

PS is fine or is there anything to improve here?

Trigger setting on high does not need to be increased?
Post Reply Post Reply
Your methods are correct. I don't see a lot to be accomplished by higher PS, but we can review this once you settle in on a comfortable EPAP. Your flow limits are resolved for the most part, and the only thing we might do is randomly check some zooms of your respiration wave. I don't want to cherry-pick the unusual stuff, I'm after your most consistent "typical" sleep breathing.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for this confirmation. I will continue to optimize the Min EPAP in the coming days. I think it would be wise to post a link to sleephq afterwards, so that the flow pattern can be visualized over the entire night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Pressure reduced to PS 4 over 5-15. No major fluctuations in pressure this night, but I slept restlessly. I think I am extra alert after the shock from the ICD a few days ago.

After my pee break around 5:30am, I noticed labored breathing. On the Insp Time graph it is easy to see that I was running into the already elevated limit of 2.40. Given my cardiac situation, is it a problem for me to raise the TiMax a little more to, say, 2.80?

Post Reply Post Reply
No problem. It might be useful to see the respiration rate compared to insp time. Normally a long inspiration time will correlate with low respiration rate and minute vent remains the same. In fact, there is a graph setting for that. Go to View and select reset graphss and check the Advanced option. That will switch to a view of respiratory function. We normally like to see the Standard view, but questions of respiratory timing are better with Advanced.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, here is the advanced view

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed 10 vauto can hear breathing Officialdee 6 77 1 hour ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Seeking Advice on BiPAP AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings for Upper Airway Resistance Syndro chacha897d 0 25 2 hours ago
Last Post: chacha897d
  New resmed 10 vauto Officialdee 0 162 08-25-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Officialdee
  Waiting for Pulmonologist Appt somewherein413 7 269 08-20-2024, 08:35 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
Gross Airsense 11 to Aircurve 10 vauto taxprof1122 7 542 08-12-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: taxprof1122
Sad Aircurve 10 VAUTO Not pushing Air! DFWdude 42 1,574 08-10-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Sad HELP - Strange Breathing Patterns Throughout Night bjbeck04 4 234 07-28-2024, 12:13 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.