Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to ASV
New to ASV
Hello *PAP users :-)

I´m new to therapy with ASV and just want to ask if someone could have a quick look over my OSCAR results from last night.
Are there something obvious going wrong or does it look good for beginning?

Thank you
Tobi
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to ASV
Hi Tobi,

The chart looks good overall apart from some flow limitations here and there.

The real question is, what's your subjective feeling? Did you wake up feeling more refreshed? Have your energy levels been higher throughout the day? AHI and other metrics don't mean much if you don't feel better. Is anyone supervising your therapy?

Also, unless you really need it, I'd turn off Auto Ramp to make sure you are making the most of your ASV therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much for your feedback. It feels better to know that there is nothing completly off in base settings.

I totaly agree with you to see the important side of subjective feeling. Thats the way we adjusted my pacemaker.

I will try to turn off ramp, and report back when allowed :-)

I have to admit that nobody is supervising my therapy. Its a bit complicated.
I wake up a lot more refreshed. I was completly overwhelmed how this feels. Since I was a child i wake up very tiered/exhausted. Was almost every day late in school and later at work. 
But i wake up mostly once a night since i started ASV and need a bit to fall asleep again after, cause i feel not tiered then.

greetz
Tobi
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds very promising, I'm glad to hear that!

If you are noticing an immediate and significant improvement from the beginning, I wouldn't change anything (apart from turning off ramp, you can do that).

I'm also on unsupervised ASV. Well, technically, there's a company getting my data, but they are utterly useless, so I set up my machine. I have a lot to share but honestly, I don't want to overwhelm you with what could be unnecessary information at this stage.

For now, just stick to the same settings for at least a couple of weeks and see how it goes.
Post Reply Post Reply
I disabled ramp last night and had no problem without it.

You are not overwhelming me, I prommise Big Grin
I keep the settings now for the next two weeks and will see if its still good.
Meanwhile I´m very interested in more information from you ;-)

Thanks a lot
Post Reply Post Reply
Two items to consider from a former ASV user: if you want to try a mode change into ASV Auto, it'll turn EPAP into a Min/Max range, possibly allowing you to sometimes have lower EPAP but extra when you do need it. Second is ignore the flow limits chart. ASV will almost always have some FL activity, and if you try to edit to address those it'll hinder Central Apnea treatment. CA and FL treatment settings oppose one another on the therapy teeter-totter. CA reside on one side, while everything else is on the opposite.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your info about FL. 
Even that I´m not experienced, the FL chart made me not worry much. Very good to know that both influence each other.
The first two nights i started with ASVAuto. I felt strange and changed to ASV which felt more comfortable but I  can´t tell you why.
I will continue the next days with ASV and give ASVAuto another try.

greetz,
Tobi
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.