Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

NoCaffAfter4 - Therapy assistance
RE: Change in pressure, improvement?
Will do, thanks for the input! Do you suggest maintaining the 7-15 pressure range and just adjust the EPR so that I'm testing a single variable?
Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Again this is all individual on works for you. Some people say one pressure is best , some say use the auto function. It’s about you. Find that place. Mine Happens to be 1 cm under and 2 cm over my average. I’m going to use the auto apap for what it can do. But that’s only what works for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I missed the second line. I'll give those values a shot and several days to assess the results. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
I've not dialed it in yet. I'm at pressure of 8-12 and EPR of 1. I still experience several CA events and higher flow rate. I experience a lot of bloating at night - it typically wakes me up. Based upon these data, do you have any recommendations? Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR did knock down the flow limits but it’s really looking like you need a Bipap. Especially with your centrals and bloating. I think a Resmed aircurve vauto would be the machine of choice.
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAP to Bipap
Greetings,
I started using an airsense 11 CPAP on June 28 but discovered that the majority of my events are central apneas. I'm not sure that the airsense is the proper device for central apneas so I probably need to buy a bipap machine. I doubt that I can exchange the airsense and have a couple of questions. For those dealing primarily with central apneas, is it generally agreed that a bipap machine is most suitable? If I can't exchange the airsense, is there a marketplace where I can sell it? Will I need a rx for a bipap? Thank you so much!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP to Bipap
A Resmed AirCurve 10 or 11 ASV is the correct machine to treat centrals. But we an look at your OSCAR charts and tell a lot. We also need to know if you had centrals in your seep study. The ASV is much more expensive and may not be needed. Again OSCAR charts should tell up a lot.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
If it's valid CSA we would please need to see the sleep study (not just the Oscar charts)...
Post Reply Post Reply
            Thanks for the replies! Below is a summary of my test results and 3 images of OSCAR data. I've been tweaking the settings but have yet to land on something that works well. It seems strange that I have so many central apneas.

Split night polysomnogram

Diagnostic portion

3 obstructive
49 hypopneas
0 central apneas
0 central hypopneas
0 mixed

AHI 3% of 23.5/hr
AHI 4% 6.3/hr

Titrated 5-13

At 5cm AHI3 and 4% were 0 but no REM

At 12cm AHI was 0 but <1 minute of sleep

All other settings AHI moderate to severe

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
CSR is popping up on these charts, can you zoom in please so we can see the waveforms to confirm NoCaffAfter4?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Assistance with wife's CPAP issues Hammer641 6 201 09-01-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Franko39 - Therapy Assistance Franko39 51 2,164 08-23-2024, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  ftfu - Therapy Assistance ftfu 14 879 08-10-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: ftfu
  ASV assistance Vako 13 391 07-27-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Vako
Exclaimation [Pressure] ScienceDad - Therapy Assistance ScienceDad 13 554 07-21-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Narcil
  Xeros - Therapy Assistance Xeros 17 1,465 06-30-2024, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [Treatment] ahmazing - Therapy Assistance ahmazing 9 559 06-29-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: ahmazing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.