Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

NoCaffAfter4 - Therapy assistance
RE: NoCaffAfter4 - Therapy assistance
Greetings,
I continue to have poor sleep quality. I've tried adjusting pressure +/- EPR, I tape my mouth at night, and wear a collar. I also mostly side sleep. At low pressure I experience mostly hypopnea and at higher pressure CAs + aerophagia. The aerophagia wakes me up and keeps me up all night. Pressure above 8 causes it. I' not sure what to do next. I have an appt with a pulmonologist at the end of the month but until then, want to dial in the settings for improvement. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for posting this.  You could try to reduce your leaks a bit to try to improve things.  Here are some tips:  

Mask Primer            Mask leak solutions

When I first saw your charts I thought that you might have complex apnea (a combination of OSA and CSA).  The best you can probably do right now is to try to optimize this current machine as best as possible and see if the results are good enough for you.  You have tried many things already (great job).  

If you get this machine optimized and it is not adequate therapy for you, there is a bilevel still to try; and even a machine like an ASV that is a bilevel and has a back up rate to combat both obstructive apnea and central apneas.  

If anyone else sees any adjustments that could help, please post.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like there's some Positional Apnea clustering going on. You may want to read the wiki about it.

Flow limits chart has the shaggy grass look, so you will have to consider addressing via either by activating EPR or getting bilevel VAuto. The issue is this will likely increase CA.

If the CA were high during the sleep study, then maybe even ASV is a consideration.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  assistance with analyzing cpap data jentlesoal 5 157 2 hours ago
Last Post: jentlesoal
  Assistance with wife's CPAP issues Hammer641 6 275 09-01-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Franko39 - Therapy Assistance Franko39 51 2,286 08-23-2024, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  ftfu - Therapy Assistance ftfu 14 945 08-10-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: ftfu
  ASV assistance Vako 13 456 07-27-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Vako
Exclaimation [Pressure] ScienceDad - Therapy Assistance ScienceDad 13 588 07-21-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Narcil
  Xeros - Therapy Assistance Xeros 17 1,513 06-30-2024, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.